What are these rims worth?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
These but black.

Attachments

• 6E68870D-DFD1-4E1E-9334-B3F599E1DC34.jpeg
    6E68870D-DFD1-4E1E-9334-B3F599E1DC34.jpeg
    109.7 KB · Views: 36

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you want another option I’m looking to lift my truck and get new rims soon, I would sell you my wheels.
I visit a Chevy truck forum from time to time. Lots of talk about lift kits and big tires, guys spend a couple grand to make the truck look stupid then come back a few months later complaining about gas mileage, alignment and front end issues. I think it's funny as heck.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I visit a Chevy truck forum from time to time. Lots of talk about lift kits and big tires, guys spend a couple grand to make the truck look stupid then come back a few months later complaining about gas mileage, alignment and front end issues. I think it's funny as heck.
IFS trucks are the worsted to lift. All that hunk of drivetrain and suspension hanging down not to mention the how week the the front shafts are when you put anything bigger than 33" tires on them.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've noticed here in Alabama that the trend is to raise the front end while leaving the back end of the truck at normal height. I just wonder if they are done that way with hydraulics or something so they can lower the front for the headlights to illuminate the highway at night.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
If you want another option I’m looking to lift my truck and get new rims soon, I would sell you my wheels.
Thanks for the offer but I’ve got black rims now in the stock size. My tires are a little bigger at 285’s though. Just thinking about going all stock and turning the torsion bars back down and 265’s like original.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some definitely take things too far . . . I bought my 2017 Nissan Titan from the dealer with a 6" lift kit and new rims/tires already installed. I get about 16-17 mpg on the highway. Had the alignment adjusted once and had to replace a CV joint last year.

I'd seriously consider selling it if I could get enough to pay it and another vehicle off and go from 2 to 1 payments.

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've noticed here in Alabama that the trend is to raise the front end while leaving the back end of the truck at normal height. I just wonder if they are done that way with hydraulics or something so they can lower the front for the headlights to illuminate the highway at night.
New and newer trucks are slightly higher in the rear than the front---from the factory. It looks like they are going downhill. It's common to put a 2 inch lift on the front to even it out. I guess the factory idea is that when the rear has a load on it, all things will be even. At least that's what I was told by my dealer..

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
New and newer trucks are slightly higher in the rear than the front---from the factory. It looks like they are going downhill. It's common to put a 2 inch lift on the front to even it out. I guess the factory idea is that when the rear has a load on it, all things will be even. At least that's what I was told by my dealer..

I used to drive a 2010 GMC and it came out with the back significantly higher than the front. I had a Rough Country leveling kit installed on the front to even it out when I replaced the rims and tires. Looked a LOT better leveled.

Latest posts

Top Bottom