What Can Be Done To Curb The Wild Hog Population?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rounding the corners is a fantastic start. You're going to want it at least 5' high if its pretty good sized. The smaller it is the taller it needs to be. They can get through holes like mice so look for those.

Are you going to hinge your door on the side or top?

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hinge mine on the side. The top is fine as long as you only have it in pig width sections. Like if your gate is 4' wide have it in 3 sections that way when one pig goes in it wont open up the whole end for others to run out. If done that way there is no need for springs. There is more than one way to skin a cat. I find no triggers work the best for me. Just let prop it open a little and let gravity do its thing or if hinged on the side just let the spring shut it and it doesnt scare off the others since it dont slam shut.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are talking to me?
No links, I just have to take the word of a friend that runs a ranch just shy of 10,000 acres. I don't suspect him to BS me.

Well musta been bar room talk at this point. Because if a court woulda put a halt to it there would be news stories galore as a lot of hog hunters are freaking out over this.

CBarCRanch

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom