What did you do in the reloading room today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Resizing 45 GAP Brass. I do that separate from the 650’s and 450. I can pretty much detect a split case when I resize on the Rockchucker! Probably about 5,000 cases. Only 10 k to go.

Regards,
Even when I loaded off my 550B, I still resized everything off a single stage and hand primed each case. I could always get a better feel for splits and bad pockets.

You are in a very small crowd with that GAP. I have a buddy back home that wouldn't stop carrying and loading it for anything.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Finished working and polishing up all my .223 brass from last week and the LC stuff I scrounged.

Also found 30ish Hornady 6.5 Creedmoor on Monday I worked and cleaned.

I officially don't have an unworked piece of brass (that I load for) in my room!
That would be a nice feeling. It would take me months to go through and prep all the brass that I have shot / scrounged over the years. I’m more of a 1K rounds at a time for each caliber I reload kind of guy.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That would be a nice feeling. It would take me months to go through and prep all the brass that I have shot / scrounged over the years. I’m more of a 1K rounds at a time for each caliber I reload kind of guy.
The last year working from home has been a blessing in more ways than one 😉

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Today I started my initial load development for my second 6.5x47L. It basically consisted of selecting the first bullets and powders/charge weights to use. The first bullet was easy as I have had good luck with it in factory form during my initial barrel break-in:

Group 1 (4 shots two weeks ago): .473"
Group 2 (4 shots two weeks ago): .501"
Group 3 (5 shots yesterday): .518"
Group 4 (5 shots yesterday): .669"
Group 5 (5 shots yesterday): .5xx" for four, but I had an unexplained flier that opened it up to about an inch.

It is a good baseline to work off of, and I happen to have 1K component bullets of that make. I'm going to try VV N150 because I have eight pounds of the stuff.

Bullet #2 will be the 120gr Nosler Ballistic Tip...mostly because I would like to keep this rig next to the door during deer season. Max range for a shot would be about 340 yards, which is still in the wheelhouse of that cartridge/bullet combo. Powder will be Varget due to the temp insensitivity.

I chamfered and deburred 50 new Lapua cases today after running them over an expander ball a couple weeks ago.

Other than that, I completed the brass prep on the first 50 rounds of 7mm RM for my brother's rifle.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was a great day at the range!
20230107_142934.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom