What did you do in the reloading room today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt Giroux

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
3AB74A98-309F-4692-9838-C761774E4A6E.jpeg
1532AC1B-544B-495B-BDF3-10ECD09D3DEE.jpeg

Yesterday, with the cooler air from the storms, was loading a 158gr soft lead Semi Wadcutter hollowpoint defensive load for the snubbies. Some recent ballistics based on barrel length have shown very interesting results of jacketed HP vs Soft lead HP out of sub 4” barrels.
The second photo was one of these bullets recovered at 14” in ballistic gel with a flowered diameter of 0.5” and maintaining a weight of 151gr.

This evening was braving the heat and working on load development for my suppressed 18” 308 bolt gun for bear/big pigs.
Excited to see how the Nosler 200gr partitions perform.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got about 95% finished on my SU carburetors rebuilds.View attachment 401807
Son got a 260Z as a second car when he was 16 and had SU carbs and just could not make them run as good as I thought they should run.
I had round steel tube and square tube and flat steel and made an intake manifold from that stuff that bolted where the SU carbs bolted on and that intake was for a 4 barrel carburetor.
It got an old carter AFB 600 cfm carb from the 60's stuck on it and amazing performance and 27 MPG.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Son got a 260Z as a second car when he was 16 and had SU carbs and just could not make them run as good as I thought they should run.
I had round steel tube and square tube and flat steel and made an intake manifold from that stuff that bolted where the SU carbs bolted on and that intake was for a 4 barrel carburetor.
It got an old carter AFB 600 cfm carb from the 60's stuck on it and amazing performance and 27 MPG.
The SUs are a different animal compared to normal carbs. The little gizmo between two carbs is the starting carb because the main ones don't have chokes. It is basically a solenoid connected to a thermal switch in the water rail that turns off when the motor is warmer up enough. It is well known to stay open too long, flood the engine with gas, and cause engine fires on these cars. The solution is to wire a switch to it and put it under the dashboard. This was already done by a previous owner of the car. Some of the SUs have chokes but just not the ones I have.

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I haven't loaded anything in a while due to it being like a dang pizza oven in my garage, so a couple days ago I moved everything inside and mounted my press to the dining table. My wife doesn't seem to know that I drilled 2 holes in the table yet, but what is done is done! 🤣

Attachments

• 20230816_160240.jpg
    20230816_160240.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Top Bottom