What did you get at the show?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JesseR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I picked up my powder valley order, some j frame hammers for replacement, HK build parts, bullet pen, and a vintage 10/22 folding stock in wood.

I made a list with local retail price and online price. It's easy to walk away when you have that info with you.

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did anyone see the gun selling boxes of 1000 rounds 5.56 in the parking lot for $300 ?
I was afraid it was water damaged because it was reboxed, some looked corroded so I didn't touch it.

kevin brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I picked up a 16 in free float quad rail flat top AR upper in 300 AAC Blackout. I also got two lower receivers from Patriot Defence Arms put one under this upper. Picked up magpull stock in Tan. Tan grip and ladder rail covers. And a Leupold scope for it. Two p mags 30 and two 20s in tan for it as well. And 160 rounds

Last edited:

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife died of shock when I came home with "all" the money I took with me. I've never gone to a gun show and done this....I'm feeling kinda empty right now...If anyone has a keltec sub2000 to sell me I could fill this void...

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I picked up a 16 in free float quad rail flat top AR upper in 300 AAC Blackout. I also got two lower receivers from Patriot Defence Arms put one under this upper. Picked up magpull stock in Tan. Tan grip and ladder rail covers. And a Leupold scope for it. Two p mags 30 and two 20s in tan for it as well. And 160 rounds

Sounds good... lots of AR parts for me, too. All I could find in LPKs was DPMS for $67, everyone else was sold out. And coming home looking online, like on CTD, etc., seems everyone is out, except DPMS. :( Open for suggestions for quality LPKs and BCGs. Probably going with something like YHM uppers. And need barrels, too. 4 16" and 1 20". I saw one table with 2 RRA $250 and 2 DTI? DMPS? @ $170ish barrels. One other table with 5 or so no-name barrels for $89 I think... got a bunch of quad-rails, a free-float rifle handguard from DPMS (nice piece for $50 total). Got some VFGs, coupla quad-rail gas blocks. Need a LP one for my 20" build.

As far as handguns, I was mainly looking for a 4" 1911-style, like a Springfield or Para. Saw 1 or 2 Springfields which I didn't think were great buys, didn't see a single Para Ord all damn day! Coupla decent Colts (of course vastly overpriced at $1300 pretty well bone stock), and a number of Kimbers, which I've never understood why the command the price they do. One guy was pretty decent, had a 5" Kimber, a little worn from IPSA shooting, for $800. I considered that, but really didn't want the 5", looking for Commander-size. Bought a couple of generic black telescoping AR stock kits from him for $45 ea, complete. Was gonna buy 5, but the rest were OD or DT.

Bought 10 30-round plain PMAGs... $140 tax and all. Not bad.

Only saw one place with extra mags for my Taurus PT145, and I think they were $35 ea.... no thx.

<edit> I, too, came home with the vast majority of the money I left home with. Wife was shocked, but hell, I just didn't see what I was hoping for, and when I did, the dealers were too high, indifferent or just absent.

I did meet one manufacturer? who was new to me, and seemed nice and pretty reasonable. They are out of Minnesota, logo is an X... lemme see if I can find their card. Eh, can't find it. He said the only thing they didn't manufacture was their uppers, they did all the rest, quadrails, etc. I know you have to take some of that "custom" stuff with a grain of salt. i.e., Rijas, lol.

ssgt ben

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lets see I got disappointed looked for mighty pen co. nadda didnt happen. Looked for the JBBooks same thing.So heart broken and made the mistake of taking the princess with me she could'nt pass a jewerly display I might as well just go to a gun shop.

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Didn't get to go so I treated myself to some Federal Lake City 62gr FMJ and traded my 300 AAC Blackout upper to a nice fella for a predominantly Wilson Combat upper in 5.56. I'll go in to the Fall show :-)

Latest posts

Top Bottom