What do you really think will happen

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"CONGRESSIONAL RECORD

Increasing The Statutory Limit On The Public Debt

Increasing America's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that "the buck stops here". Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren.

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better.

I therefore intend to oppose the effort to increase America's debt limit.

Senator Barack Obama (D-IL)

March 16, 2006"

That cant be right. I just heard glorious, i mean Glorious Leader on NPR saying the last time there was anything like this it was in the 90s, and that Newt learned his lesson back then to not mess with anything that keeps the gubment from paying its bills.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Senator Obama said:
The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. government can't pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. . . . Increasing America's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that "the buck stops here." Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/carolp...-obama-on-the-debt-ceiling-then--now-n1719148

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't speak for everyone, but I can tell you that I'm screwed if this thing goes on for a while. After departing active duty, I chose to be a reservist and attend law school. Working for the reserves and drawing my GI BIll benefits was the equivalent of having a couple of low paying part time jobs. Since I have no debt, I've been able to pull it off. Now that the government is shut down, drills for the National Guard and Reserves have been cancelled until something gets straightened out budget wise. This is a budget hit for me and a military readiness hit for the nation. Several months of no drill will result in a reserve composed of cash strapped members who are out of practice in our career fields. When you consider that the National Guard and Reserves account for a significant portion of our nation's military capability, things get a little scary.
Have you made any arrangements to compensate for the cutting off of benefits owed you?
Along these same lines...

http://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=37884

"...Defense One which reports that the Pentagon won’t be paying death benefits to the families of those four troops who were killed in Afghanistan this past weekend until the shutdown ends;"

It is one thing to cut unearned benefits, it is quite another to suspend these benefits which have been earned through the sacrifices of our armed forces members. Every one who has honorably served this nation as a member of the military deserve what they were promised and as they were promised.

Last edited:

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"CONGRESSIONAL RECORD

Increasing The Statutory Limit On The Public Debt

Increasing America's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that "the buck stops here". Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren.

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better.

I therefore intend to oppose the effort to increase America's debt limit.

Senator Barack Obama (D-IL)

March 16, 2006"

Oh..... This would be the fault of GW Bush.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't speak for everyone, but I can tell you that I'm screwed if this thing goes on for a while. After departing active duty, I chose to be a reservist and attend law school. Working for the reserves and drawing my GI BIll benefits was the equivalent of having a couple of low paying part time jobs. Since I have no debt, I've been able to pull it off. Now that the government is shut down, drills for the National Guard and Reserves have been cancelled until something gets straightened out budget wise. This is a budget hit for me and a military readiness hit for the nation. Several months of no drill will result in a reserve composed of cash strapped members who are out of practice in our career fields. When you consider that the National Guard and Reserves account for a significant portion of our nation's military capability, things get a little scary.

Keep up you training the best you can on your own.

You will be training people like me, and the rest of us here Brother.

This s**t is serious.

aeropb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If we can't borrow any more money we'll have to make some choices about where the $250B we take in per month is spent. We owe a little less than 10% of that on our interest.

Defnestor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If no agreement is reached?
They will continue to pass "temporary funding" bills for each and every program that will keep them in a position to continue to siphon the wealth from middle America.

Cowman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe I am just ignorant. I do not see how we will be in default come the date. From what I have read we have money enough to pay interest on debt. Most bankers I have dealt with were mostly happy to get paid interest and renew. Seems like this is the time to finally cut and trim. Hell, what does that stinkin Panda Cam cost to run every year. Regards.

Latest posts

Top Bottom