What do you really think will happen

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you made any arrangements to compensate for the cutting off of benefits owed you? Along these same lines... http://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=37884 "...Defense One which reports that the Pentagon won’t be paying death benefits to the families of those four troops who were killed in Afghanistan this past weekend until the shutdown ends;" It is one thing to cut unearned benefits, it is quite another to suspend these benefits which have been earned through the sacrifices of our armed forces members. Every one who has honorably served this nation as a member of the military deserve what they were promised and as they were promised.

If you're asking whether or not I've looked for another job, then no. The idea has crossed my mind and I've looked around, but I haven't applied to anything. Taking another job isn't the "ideal" fix as it will pay less and be less flexible than my job as a reservist. That being said, less than ideal may prove to be necessary. I can weather the storm for a month or two by living on savings, but after that things get sporty.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If no agreement is reached?
They will continue to pass "temporary funding" bills for each and every program that will keep them in a position to continue to siphon the wealth from middle America.

Actually, this is the absolute best thing for the people and the worst thing for both Republicans and Democrats (and lobbyists, and quite frankly, the POTUS).

The more the government stays "shut down" the more people realize that this isn't really affecting anyone. When each of these bills has to be passed individually, we're now scrutinizing everything the government is spending money on - no huge vague bills with a crapload of pork in them (i.e. Obama-Care), and no more "we'll have to pass it to see what's in it" BS.

This Government Shutdown (if it continues too much longer) will do wonders for the economy, people's awareness of government spending, and hopefully, some sort of oversight into spending/lobbying.

Latest posts

Top Bottom