What happens if you're ccw is spotted?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shootermcgavin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know I read about it/ heard about it before but can't remember exactly. What happens if your shirt gets caught and exposes your weapon, or it prints really bad or......

I know if you are deliberately letting people know and showing it you can get into some serious trouble. But what are the reprocussions if it's an accident?

I assume obviously the store owner or wherever you are can ask you to leave, but are there bigger risks if you get spotted?

bink98xcab

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
im not positive but i think my instructor told us that it was nearly the same a brandishing arms if some one decides to take offense at you having the weapon., i mean it is your responsability to keep it "concealed"

dbarbee

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The best explanation I've seen so far is that it's a gray area since there's no specific definition of "brandishing" in the SDA.

However, if you're shirt hangs up and reveals your gun, and someone screams, "He's got a gun!!!", the police are going to show up. They'll listen to the report of a "crazy guy waving a gun around" and you will match the description AND happen to have a gun on you.

Even if no charges are filed, the hassle factor will be huge. I've yet to read or hear any first-hand accounts of anyone being charged or arrested for accidentally exposing their concealed weapon. It would be interesting and helpful to hear of any and how it came out though.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just be aware of your weapon and keep it covered. Don't constantly check it, but be aware of your cover garment.

If it just "flashes" for a moment, don't be alarmed. If you won't bring attention to it, cances are - nobody else will either. The general population is pretty much oblivious to a concealed weapon and rarely notice things of such nature.

One of our members here posted about walking thru a doorway and the grip of his iron hitting the door facing not once...not twice...but SEVERAL times at his place of business, making a very audible "CLANG!" every time he did so. He kept a cool head and didn't make any gesture towards it or comment about the noise or the fact that it was his weapon hitting the doorway and therefore, nobody else paid any mind either. Be that as it may, the sheeple were none the wiser as well.

Just be aware of it and your cover garment and for God's sake...stay out of those "questionable" places that would get you in trouble.

bashed1

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you won't bring attention to it, cances are - nobody else will either. The general population is pretty much oblivious to a concealed weapon and rarely notice things of such nature.

Well put. Likely the only ones who will notice if your concealed weapon is inadvertently displayed will be other licensees carrying concealed. They likely won't call the cops on you but they'll certainly be watching you.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
:anyone:
Well put. Likely the only ones who will notice if your concealed weapon is inadvertently displayed will be other licensees carrying concealed. They likely won't call the cops on you but they'll certainly be watching you.

Watching? Hell, if I ever spot a guy packin' heat, I size him up a bit first and then I go up and strike up a conversation with him. You know...talk a little guns and gear with him. :chat:

You'd be surprised the ones who thought they were doing a good job of hiding their irons, when in fact, they were printing as bad as THIS guy! :ooh2:

[Broken External Image]

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
I know for certain I got exposed one time. Walmart parking lot, 1911 in a IWB holster under a heavy shirt-jacket. As I reached to open my door the wind blew the tail of the jacket pretty much over my head. There was an older woman sitting in the passenger seat of the car next to me. As I pulled my jacket back down I noticed she was looking at me with her eyes popped out of her head and her mouth hanging open. I just waved at her, got in my car and drove away.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Watching? Hell, if I ever spot a guy packin' heat, I size him up a bit first and then I go up and strike up a conversation with him. You know...talk a little guns and gear with him. :chat:

You'd be surprised the ones who thought they were doing a good job of hiding their irons, when in fact, they were printing as bad as THIS guy! :ooh2:

[Broken External Image]

I think I just threw up a little bit in my mouth.:pms2: Steve

BTW,GED,it IS good to have you back.:clap3:

blutch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

[Broken External Image]

The question here is.. what kind of other forum is GED frequenting where he would find this kind of image? Huh? What about that GED? :doh:

Latest posts

Top Bottom