what is about noodlers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKSpeedDemon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Apparently Lacey Swope does it!
Swope.jpg

Toney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mad dad was hard core. I enjoy it myself, I have no problem sticking my hand in... I just can't get rid of the reflex to pull it back out.

I helped dad block holes and carried the stringer.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I gave it up years ago. Never had a problem with snakes turtles or beavers. My personal best was a 47# flathead out of Canadian near a place called Boley rocks. Growing up ya wasnt allowed to noodle the good holes until ya could fill a tow sack with carp.

we used to trot line for big cats. Close as I want to catch 'em.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been noodling several times, it is an adrenaline rush. I had certain rules though which other noodlers probably think are wimpy but I wanted to have fun, not die. I didn't try to get fish out of deep water holes, no swimming down six feet and then into a hole. Nothing that required putting my head, feet or body into an under water hole. If I couldn't reach it and still be able to get up for air, that catfish was free to hang out as he was. The people that taught me would swim down into those holes and stick their arms and feet and bodies into big catfish holes but no way in heck I was doing that. A big old catfish grabs your arm or foot and decides to not let go and you can be an inch from the surface and it won't matter. I found plenty of fish doing it my way so no big deal for me, it was still insanely fun and terrifying at the same time. I also wore a fingerless glove with a cutoff sock over my arm or a long sleeve shirt to avoid getting too scratched up.

It's for sure dangerous but if you're careful you can have fun and catch fish without putting your life on the line. Those guys down in Paul's Valley that had the TV show are crazy, they take it way past where I set my limits. It sure is fun though.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, today would be a good day for noodling; hot as heck outside. Getting into that water doesn't sound too bad right now. But remember - your Glock 19 for underwater carry...

Latest posts

Top Bottom