So, What Are Your Thoughts About The Mother Of The School Shooter Being Convicted?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ahall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bartenders have been prosecuted for overserving folks involved in alcohol related automotive fatalities.

How is holding the provider of a gun to someone they know is mentally unstable accountable any different?

Even the NRA says it's the gun owner's responsibility to prevent unauthorized people from accessing your firearms.

As to parenting, an older gentleman took me aside when my wife was expecting and told me that anyone who thinks they are smart enough to tell someone else how to raise their children, needs another one to raise. There was a lot of wisdom in that observation.

Russ IT Guy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The reason the prosecution got the convictions is because they essentially proved she got him the gun and then exhibited a depraved indifference before, during and after the shooting.

I think she’s getting what she deserves.
In most cases they're going on a witchhunt to convict anyone that knew the shooter, this is definitely not the situation.

This lady is right where she needs to be, her actions before and after say it all for me.

Russ IT Guy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is a slippery slope. Next they will be going after parents whose kids kill someone driving drunk or texting. Whether she may deserves it or not, I think it sets a bad precedent.:twocents:
The punishment was right but it will most assured be used for nefarious charges in the future, but hey we live in a point the blame and nobody is accountable for their own actions country.

Russ IT Guy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you Rex.

So the store that sells a gun to a criminal may be charged because he should have recognized that the guy was planning a crime…..
Difference with this case is she did have personal knowledge of his mental issues, whereas a gun dealer doesn't anymore than a clerk at the liquor store. Sadly they will use this precedent to go on further witchhunts

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Difference with this case is she did have personal knowledge of his mental issues, whereas a gun dealer doesn't anymore than a clerk at the liquor store. Sadly they will use this precedent to go on further witchhunts

Don't disagree, and this broad exhibited depraved indifference, and she should go to jail over it.

We're gonna have to sort thru the precedence with future cases, but that is unfortunately how the system works.

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I heard the news correctly, she went out and bought her underage child the gun. She should be held accountable and I think justice was served on her end. Outright negligence should be punished and I think in these cases, parents should be responsible for the child's actions.
"Prosecutors argued Jennifer Crumbley knew her son – 15 at the time of the shooting – was struggling with alarming mental health issues. They said instead of getting him the help he needed, she and her husband, James, bought their son the gun used in the attack"
The age of the child is irrelevant. I and i'm sure many have had guns since we were young. 11 in my case. And was able to walk to the rural creek and blow things up. and I didnt follow that path. 99.9% wont. This is an issue of reading the child as a parent. And removing access to the weapon IF they see or hear things of concern.

Russ IT Guy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't disagree, and this broad exhibited depraved indifference, and she should go to jail over it.

We're gonna have to sort thru the precedence with future cases, but that is unfortunately how the system works.
Yeah thats going to be the fun part. The thing that frustrates me with these school shootings is people are only focus on the end result not the factors that allowed the shooting to occur.

It's like doctors treating the symptoms but not doing anything about the disease itself. I would venture to guess That 90 percent of the shootings are mental illness related, the rest are ones that snap from being pushed or some type of life event.

IMO both could be resolved with doing something when clear red flags are up which would lead to less shootings. But then the liberals would have to find something other than shootings to use during election years lol

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From what I know about this case, the parents probably are where they should be. They sound like idiots.

However, the decision is now all about degrees of culpability. Now, where's the line of the parent responsibility where it becomes at least partially their fault?

Texting and driving was mentioned. What if the parent caught their child texting and driving and firmly told them to stop. But they didn't, and then subsequently killed someone. Parents fault? Why didn't the parent install software to prevent texting while moving? Are they negligent?

I know the example will be called a silly comparison. But the slippery slope is real, imo. I mean, men can now have babies, right?

Russ IT Guy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From what I know about this case, the parents probably are where they should be. They sound like idiots.

However, the decision is now all about degrees of culpability. Now, where's the line of the parent responsibility where it becomes at least partially their fault?

Texting and driving was mentioned. What if the parent caught their child texting and driving and firmly told them to stop. But they didn't, and then subsequently killed someone. Parents fault? Why didn't the parent install software to prevent texting while moving? Are they negligent?

I know the example will be called a silly comparison. But the slippery slope is real, imo. I mean, men can now have babies, right?
Imagine how many people get shoved down the slide at the water park each year, now magnify that and you have how the legal system will use this. Everything is about more ways to control, tax, and incarcerate lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom