What is the best defensive weapon? A 10 year real life study

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm selling all my crap tomorrow!!! I feel that their numbers weren't good enough in the video. :)

I always thought that a shotgun would be most useful inside the home, outside a rifle for sure....but who straps their Remington 700 on when cleaning out the flowerbed? (on this forum...a couple of you probably)
I have a theory backed up by watching some training videos about using long guns clearing a house.
I've said before that I'd never use a long gun to clear a house. It's too easy for someone to grab the barrel as you round a corner and take control of the situation.
In fact I don't intend to clear my house. Wife and I are in the same bed with no others living here.
If I hear a bump in the night, the pistol on the nightstand is the first reach. Then I'll make it to the long gun and take up a defensive position, calling those that clear houses for a living to give us a visit. We live in the sticks and any response would take a pretty good time to get there, so if the situation escalates, that is when plan B commences and I have to take over. It will be with a pistol.
No desire to be a Rambo and charge into a room full of bad guys where the outcome could not turn out well for us.

Latest posts

Top Bottom