What is the best defensive weapon? A 10 year real life study

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dang. No 10MMM results? What's up with that? Stymied once again. I'm just going to keep carrying the same guns that I carry now and concentrate on two things:
1. Avoidance of gunfights.
2. Shooting the bad guy first and as many times as needed.

But the video was interesting nonetheless.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
1c4ddd68f522350b6cdee2ada3680942.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe, but don't fool yourself into believing that whatever gun you have at the time is actually the best for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a far cry between best, what works and what doesn't work at all. Can I fight a war with a .22 LR rifle? Probably not, just like I probably couldn't remove the head of a chevy 350 with a pair of pliers. However, in a self defense situation a .22 can work, just like removing a bicycle wheel with a pair of pliers. Yes, it would be better to have a 5/8th box wrench just as a 9mm would work better, but in the long run it would work. As I said, ANY firearm increases your chance for survival vs not having one at all.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is a far cry between best, what works and what doesn't work at all. Can I fight a war with a .22 LR rifle? Probably not, just like I probably couldn't remove the head of a chevy 350 with a pair of pliers. However, in a self defense situation a .22 can work, just like removing a bicycle wheel with a pair of pliers. Yes, it would be better to have a 5/8th box wrench just as a 9mm would work better, but in the long run it would work. As I said, ANY firearm increases your chance for survival vs not having one at all.
I've been instructing some pistol classes during Women In the Outdoors and those type of programs for the ladies.
It's basically learning the proper grip, and familiarization with pistols type of instruction while getting to shoot a lot of ammo.
Some, due to physical limitations just can't handle a centerfire pistol for a couple of reasons. They either can't rack the slide of a semi auto strength wise or they have physical limitations that prevent it.
The option of using a small caliber revolver, or at the worst case a .22 semi auto is their only option. The stinger ammo is not a bad alternative. In a rifle it's 1600 fps, but in a pistol, probably 1100 or so, I haven't check it on my chrono.
Having a .22 that someone can handle proficiently is better than any centerfire than one can't handle or having no gun at all. You can certainly rapid fire a 10 round mag into center mass with about zero recoil.
The Kel-Tec .22 mag with 30 rounds of ammo available is certainly a viable alternative for those that have issues with centerfire recoil.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom