What is the most acceptable caliber for pocket carry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What caliber pocket gun do you carry?

• Total voters

trickydick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I must have read the question too fast, I clicked 40cal which is my Walther PPS carry gun. My pocket gun is a Taurus TCP in .380. I really wish they would make a pocket pistol with the trigger and trigger safety like the Walther has.

Armedmomma

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry .38 special in my jacket pocket ( and a few pairs of pants with a long shirt or jacket) during the winter. I hate shooting revolvers, but it is my favorite to carry because it is so lightweight and much easier to conceal than my blocky XD.

A

ArmedCivy

If i go pocket carry its the ruger lcp. Usually just to walk across my apt complex to get mail or wash clothes, or make a quick fast food run. But anything other than that and i'm wearing the kel-tec pf9.

BDSolutionsArdmore

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As stated many times previously by other in this thread. If pockey carry is a must and only choice it is the 380 that gets the nod. Other than that I have a 9mm, 357SIG, 40S&W, and 45 that all get carried now and again.

J

John X

I think the gun you have with you, even if not ideal, is a lot better than the ideal gun you leave at home.

I often carry a .380 just because it's the easiest to conceal.

1fast8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love my Springfield 1911 LW Champion Operator in .45 but I don't carry it everywhere. I do have a sweet little Sig P238 that goes in my pocket all day every day,... wherever I go. It is the best pocket gun I could recommend,.... In my opinion. I just never liked the Kel-Tec's or Kahr's enough compared to the P238.

Carl
I agree only thing I could possibly find wrong with the p238 is not that many rounds so i usually have my m&p 9c with me also just not in my pocket

SgtMojo67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use one of my three .40 caliber Glocks...It is what I train with at work, it is what I'm most comfortable with. Trying to work a .45 and a .357 into the rotation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom