What is your bump in the night protection?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I wonder if using an NFA item for home defense would cause any problems? I bet the media would be all over that... "he used an evil short barreled death machine to murder an innocent home invader" or "homeowner used assassin silenced weapon to kill harmless armed intruder"

chr_edw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sure they would try to, but nothing a decent self defense attorney couldn't handle. I've heard some say they argue that the people with the NFA weapons are the most law abiding citizens and have been checked out more thoroughly than the average gun owner. Who know though I hope to never find out.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't agree that "anything smaller than 00 buck" is ineffective. I prefer 8 or 9 shot 2 3/4 in my shotgun. 10 yards is about my average shooting distance in my house and if a handful of those rounds don't stop a threat then I shouldn't be camping in Jurassic park. I would prolly use 00 or 000 if I lived by myself in a large house in the middle of nowhere. But here in the suburbs with 2 small kids in my house and Sheetrock walls I think 8 or 9 shot will be more than capable of stopping an invader in my home.

I don't not keep a live round chambered in my pump shotgun, not because I want someone to hear a pump but because if my shotgun falls off the wall or something like that...there is no mechanism to stop that pin from striking the primer.

As for my 9mm M&P, that stays loaded with one in the tube 24/7.

Exactly. The sound of the pump will be followed a loud boom a half second later. We also keep a loaded 9 alongside the shotgun. I use #4 for the first two shots, then 2 )) buck, then two slugs. At home-defense ranges, #4 would mess you up! And yes, I can go through the mag in about 7 seconds and keep the pattern inside a pizza pan.

ssx2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If some of you all sleep like I do, there is a good chance you'll wake-up looking down the barrel of your own bedside weapon. I rely on a good perimeter alarm system, motion activated lights and a dog. This in hopes that I do not hear bumps in my house at night. However, I will say, should that issue arise. There are items easter egged throught my home designed to counter such an intrusion. :)

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't believe all the shotguns in this thread. Has "The Birds" been on TV a lot lately?

24.media.tumblr.com_tumblr_lhdezzJpAP1qazanuo1_500.jpg

I think I'll stick with a pistol.

However, after reading this thread, I will keep a Mossy500 loaded just in case Mr. Hitchcock was right.

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have my double barrel 12 gauge shotgun loaded with birdshot. I have birdshot because im in an apartment and dont want anything going thru walls.

white92coupe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My house alarm and my black lab first, then if they still want in they will see my Fenix pd30 on strobe and my m&p 40. Hope no one ever comes in though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom