What is your bump in the night protection?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1fast8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
youre preachin to the choir about the weenie dog being stupid , I had 2 one ate those scrunchies that wife pulls her hair back with (he died even after surgery) other one got hit by a car ( he lived)and bites ppl and other dogs no matter how big. One of these days hes gonna get hold of a pit or a rot and i wont get one to replace him.

bmwguy25

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
165348_187557904597032_2551341_n.jpg

Only one problem one is deaf (white bull terrier) and the other is stupid (dachshund)
My daxhound is pretty retarded too. Meet dax. I came in the other night and my g/f was sleeping and he barked and when I came in he ran behind her and hid..lol
i1025.photobucket.com_albums_y311_eurocars23_614f5528.jpg

1fast8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yea we have had a ton of dogs (too dang many) most dogs inherrit traits and most weenie dogs want to be close to you or on you (very loving dogs) but dumber than a box of rocks.

chr_edw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those with shotguns using anything smaller than 00 Buck are just fooling themselves. The psychological impact of "racking" a shell into the chamber is BS and reduces your available rounds by one, loaded and on safe, and if you think you don't have to aim and be accurate with a shotgun you are fooling yourself again at interior space distances there isn't enough pattern spread to amount to a hill of beans and you need to place accurate shots on target, even more so because you have a very limited ammo supply in a slow to reload platform.

Yep .... and someone might start shooting blindly into where they heard that racking sound come from.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
youre preachin to the choir about the weenie dog being stupid , I had 2 one ate those scrunchies that wife pulls her hair back with (he died even after surgery) other one got hit by a car ( he lived)and bites ppl and other dogs no matter how big. One of these days hes gonna get hold of a pit or a rot and i wont get one to replace him.
Ever see a small dog gettin attacked by a larger dog, they roll up under them and rip their balls off.....Ouch
My Chihuahua and bulldog get to playin...bulldog gets a little rough..;)..Its funny to watch the bulldog run from the Little Chichi dog......but he means business and puts the bully in his place.

165348_187557904597032_2551341_n.jpg

Only one problem one is deaf (white bull terrier) and the other is stupid (dachshund)
Actually thats 2 problems..deaf...stupid....Jus sayin.
Have you tried training him in German commands? Ive heard the Daxys can be really good hunter/protectors if trained right.
My Dad had one ...Love on Ya All day... any other dogs ..people he didnt trust..You got the Dog stinkeye until you left....and he made Sure you were gone

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the empty chamber pump shotgun devotees--I recommend keeping the hammer dropped and the safety off with, of course, a full mag. Contrary to popular myth, the sound of a slide does not induce paralysis. It does give a BG a direction to aim . . .

If you do decide to keep an empty chamber, practice working the slide a lot. CB

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the empty chamber pump shotgun devotees--I recommend keeping the hammer dropped and the safety off with, of course, a full mag. Contrary to popular myth, the sound of a slide does not induce paralysis. It does give a BG a direction to aim . . .

If you do decide to keep an empty chamber, practice working the slide a lot. CB
THIS...and dont forget to push the little button

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I don't agree that "anything smaller than 00 buck" is ineffective. I prefer 8 or 9 shot 2 3/4 in my shotgun. 10 yards is about my average shooting distance in my house and if a handful of those rounds don't stop a threat then I shouldn't be camping in Jurassic park. I would prolly use 00 or 000 if I lived by myself in a large house in the middle of nowhere. But here in the suburbs with 2 small kids in my house and Sheetrock walls I think 8 or 9 shot will be more than capable of stopping an invader in my home.

I don't not keep a live round chambered in my pump shotgun, not because I want someone to hear a pump but because if my shotgun falls off the wall or something like that...there is no mechanism to stop that pin from striking the primer.

As for my 9mm M&P, that stays loaded with one in the tube 24/7.

Latest posts

Top Bottom