What is your preference?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your preference?

• Stand Hunt

Votes: 23 63.9%
  • Stalk

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Stillhunt

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Drive Deer

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters

TATER

Marksman
Reaction score
Yup.

Plus, the poll needs to add "ground blind", "sit on chair (no blind)", and "sit on ground" to the ambush selections, along with "stand hunt".

Stalking is when you have spotted a deer and try to get within range to shoot it.

Stillhunting is when you are moving through the woods, cornfield, etc. taking a few steps at a time very quietly then stopping and looking twice as long as it took you to take those few steps.

The difference is-Stalking= you have spotted the deer. Stillhunting= you have not spotted a deer yet, but when you do spot the deer then it becomes stalking.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stalk and stillhunt is same thing, so cannot vote.

No it's not.

Stalking is when you have spotted a deer and try to get within range to shoot it.

Stillhunting is when you are moving through the woods, cornfield, etc. taking a few steps at a time very quietly then stopping and looking twice as long as it took you to take those few steps.

The difference is-Stalking= you have spotted the deer. Stillhunting= you have not spotted a deer yet, but when you do spot the deer then it becomes stalking.

Yes. Big difference in stalking and still hunting.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If the wind is howling I will try moving around but I usually just go get in a stand.

I'm with you on this one.
When the wind is howling, the deer just lay up.
Best thing to do IMHO is to get the wind in your face, and do a little still hunting.
They won't be standing. One will have to look for a deer bedded down.

WacosSon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I call it guerrilla warfare hunting. I basically move as fast as I can, covering as much ground as possible. I've literally ran full speed after deer turkey, and antelope to get a shot (I obviously did not catch the antelope. I ain't that fast).

one of the funniest things I've ever read. The mental images....

Latest posts

Top Bottom