What makes a case do this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The bulge around this case seems to be mostly symetrical. Pistol chambers are not, with a barrel hood on top and a feed ramp on the bottom. The only cases I've seen bulges this way are out of a blow-back operated subgun, Uzi and Mac to be specific.

Based entirely on this one pic, and the handguns you were shooting, I don't think this one is yours.

Well, there's no way it isn't. Like I said, private land, fellow shooters had same type firearms but I was the only one shooting this headstamp. No one with access to land has any of the mentioned blow-back style guns, except for my sub2000. Looking at it's chamber it's most likely the culprit.

distantfoe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've seen a short barreled 10" ar-15 (gas driven) do something similar. Apparently the chamber was still under pressure when the gas tried to cycle the bolt. I think this was a big factor driving the development of the piston drivin systems.

technetium-99m

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
There's no hood on the Keltec like a pistol. It came outta your sub2000.

I'd chamber check your reloads to make sure one doesn't stick and cause the gun to fire out of battery like that again. Lucky the case held.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's no hood on the Keltec like a pistol. It came outta your sub2000.

I'd chamber check your reloads to make sure one doesn't stick and cause the gun to fire out of battery like that again. Lucky the case held.

I check all my 5.56, looks like I'll be adding 9mm now too.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think everyone is right about the bulged case. As for the split case...that stuff just happens sometimes with reloads. Particularly when they have been loaded a few times.
Be safe

Latest posts

Top Bottom