What skill do you most want to master as it relates to prepping?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know, what do you REALLY, REALLY, REALLY think is important to your survival, "skill-wise", not "stuff-wise" that you want to have a better handle on ... You know, New Years is coming ... :naughty: Good time to be deciding what you want to learn and where you can snag that knowledge in the coming months ...

I'll go first ...

I did the HAM Radio thing ... yawn ... for GC mostly ... believe it or not, ragchewing on the radio is just not my thing, but I can see where knowing what to do and how to do it might be important in certain situations ... Anyway ...

Herbal medicine has always intrigued me. My maternal grandmother was a huge proponent of herbals and practiced what she preached. Unfortunately, I was young and stupid and didn't always pay attention when I should have, and she is gone now, God rest her soul. Anyway, I've been doing my own research and talked about taking a structured program of studies last year but never got around to it. Well ... hold my feet to the fire ... I just signed up for some internet classes ... We'll see how they go ...

I'm really wanting to have a herb/medicinal plant garden that I can work with. I have the spot all picked out for it. Now I just need the knowledge of what to plant and how to use it. Wish me luck!! I'm gonna need it! :lookaroun It's been a long, long, long time since I was in a "structured" school environment ... :lookaroun :D

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seriously........staying warm when it's freaking cold outside. Unfortunately I think I'm doomed.
While I've done some I still would like to do a little further investigation into make-shift shelter.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Baiting. Someone had to say it.....

Seriously, I'd like to re-build my rocket stove, or build another with a top big enough to heat two pans at the same time. Having food is one thing, being able to cook it right is another. Without good food, what's the point in surviving?

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Food and water preservation. One would think I would have the water part down since I did a whole bunch of waste water treatment in an industrial setting. Problem is that was only for hazardous chemicals and metals. Bacterial testing wasn't part of it. I don't have a clue what to do past a good filtering and don't know how long it will last, etc. Food isn't quite as bad but I need to work on that too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom