What skill do you most want to master as it relates to prepping?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
God I cant wait to make a New Years resolution...means 2013 is done lol. Knock on wood.

Id like to practice making flat breads and small meals with a very small fire. Might also try my hand canning and pemmican making.

Am also gonna practice/learn how to "survive" out of my BOB for a weekend.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Id like to practice making flat breads and small meals with a very small fire. Might also try my hand canning and pemmican making.

I took my kids to Colorado around Gunnison back in the day in the high country desert.
It was lesson about living off the land. We made our own water with a solar home built unit, trapped trout in a beaver pond, and foraged for pine nuts. Nobody went to bed hungry, but surviving off the land is not a pleasant experience.

Every waking moment has to be focused on getting the next meal. It's serious work

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
God I cant wait to make a New Years resolution...means 2013 is done lol. Knock on wood.

I have a couple of flat bread recipes that I know work, if you don't have one. GC was talking about making a rocket stove in the back yard -- one that you can set 2 pots on instead of 1 -- he saw one behind a gal they were interviewing in the Phillipines last night.

We still "need" to go camping ... :)

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have a couple of flat bread recipes that I know work, if you don't have one. GC was talking about making a rocket stove in the back yard -- one that you can set 2 pots on instead of 1 -- he saw one behind a gal they were interviewing in the Phillipines last night.

We still "need" to go camping ... :)
yes we do....im thinking when the wild onions come up. ]

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would like to learn how to do emergency c-sections and breast exams. Oh, and how to make my own body armor out of roofing tar and bathroom tiles. That is all......

Latest posts

Top Bottom