What the gun debate is Jan-Feb 2013 will really be about

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Assault weapons...the kind used by militaries and terrorists ARE already classified as class 3 destructive devices and not available to the general public.

What the anti 2A folks want is to ban SEMI-AUTOS...you know because we can shoot many rounds a minute through those. The MAJORITY of weapons sold in the USA are semi autos...including deer rifles, shotguns, etc. The ar15 they are talking about is nothing but a semi auto rifle dressed up to LOOK like an assault rifle. In fact, it fires a lower powered round (the 223 round) than a deer rifle.

If you take this argument further, actually they want to ban ALL repeating firearms, since all repeating firearms, including revolvers, can be made to shoot several times a minute, by pulling the trigger each time, and reloading the mag or cylinder very quickly (under 2 seconds with a couple day's practice).

So the debate we should be having is really about REPEATING firearms versus single shot firearms. Do Americans really want ALL repeating firearms banned?

Let's cut the BS about 30 round mags versus 25 round mags versus 10 round mags, and cosmetic appearances of rifles, and discuss this issue of repeating firearms, which HAVE been around since the 1860's, versus single shot firearms.
This is what the debate should be about...so once and for all, as a nation, we can decide. If we all join the NRA, this is a debate that should be a win!
So when we write to our reps, we may want to encourage them to frame this debate in this way, when discussing this in committees, on TV shows, etc.
:)

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like your idea because I think it would set the anti's back on their heals and make them respond for a change.

"Let's be honest, Senator Feinstein, you want to ban all repeating firearms don't you?"

"No, just the assault weapons which my staff and I diligently determined to dangerous to public safety"

"But you've been quoted as saying you would ban all firearms if you could. "Give them up Mr. and Mrs. America" Isn't that what you said?"

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The firearms they want to ban have the same capability as other repeating firearms: the ability to fire many rounds a minute.
So why limit the discussion to just AR15s, AK47s and 30 round mags. That's just BS. What makes these so special?
let's talk about ALL such weapons: all repeating firearms.
So it may go like this:
"Senator Feinstein, why are you only focusing on AR15s and AK47s, when every repeating firearm can fire several rounds a minute for an extended period of time, with magazine changes or speed loaders? Shouldn't we be discussing ALL repeating firearms?...Or are you just trying to get what you can, one step at a time?"

:)

Latest posts

Top Bottom