What to do with pulls?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chadh2o

Gunslinger
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Explain how that’s possible
Selling reloads without a manufacturing license is a federal offense. If one goes boom in someone's face, the repercussions could be off the charts. And, you cannot control the rounds once they leave your control, so the someone who "buys" them with the understanding the rounds are not to be shot, turns around and sells them to someone who does shoot them. You are still on the hook.
That is not a risk I would take. But, to each their own.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Selling reloads without a manufacturing license is a federal offense.

You only need a license if you meet the laws definition of a manufacturer. Same as a Firearm. Buy and sell in "furtherance of a business" you'll need a license. Selling you firearm or personal ammo ( reloaded or not ) your good to go ( state laws aside ).

Per the GCA....
7.2.1 “Manufacturer”.
As defined by the GCA, a “manufacturer” is any person engaged in the business of manufacturing firearms or ammunition for purposes of sale or distribution.

I do agree with you about not wanting the liability. I'd only sell the reloads as ready to pull components only

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Selling reloads without a manufacturing license is a federal offense. If one goes boom in someone's face, the repercussions could be off the charts. And, you cannot control the rounds once they leave your control, so the someone who "buys" them with the understanding the rounds are not to be shot, turns around and sells them to someone who does shoot them. You are still on the hook.
That is not a risk I would take. But, to each their own.
Your comments are not well supported. Tyromeo55 is correct in that it is not illegal to sell reloads in some instances.
If I sell you a knife and you stick it in a electric socket, am I liable?

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't imagine having scores of bad loads, much less hundreds.
When I do get a bad round or two, maybe during a longer session of loading, I just break them down at the end of the session.

When I have a job that I dislike, but that has to be done, I would rather do it in bites. I would much rather break down 5-10 rounds every week, than several hundred every 6 months.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't imagine having scores of bad loads, much less hundreds.
When I do get a bad round or two, maybe during a longer session of loading, I just break them down at the end of the session.

When I have a job that I dislike, but that has to be done, I would rather do it in bites. I would much rather break down 5-10 rounds every week, than several hundred every 6 months.

I probably loaded 100K of rounds last year. If there is the slightest doubt it goes to the pull pile. Loaded rounds that end up in my range brass pickup go there. Rounds that don’t gauge correctly, upside down or missing primer. Occasionally I’ll pull them during the session. But, it adds up.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I even mounted a dedicated cheap lee press right next to my Dillon’s in order to try and do this, but in high volume pistol reloading, sometimes something pops up you can’t catch right away. And 100 rounds every 5minutes and it adds up quick

Latest posts

Top Bottom