What's your favorite?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What's your go to/comfort food? The meal you could eat 3 or 4 times a week? I would hafta say a good ol' cheeseburger and fries or preferably onion rings for me. Just a good ol' classic with mayo, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles and a big red onion slice.

Braums makes an awesome burger, as does Chili's and surprisingly Cracker Barrel. But homemade on the grill is always the best! :thumb:

So what food makes you happy, happy, happy?

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Chili rellenos smothered in nuclear hot green chili sauce. Made with real white cheese and dipped in egg whites, not this deep fried flour batter crap that they try to pass off as a chili relleno.

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For me its the classic steak and potatoes. I'd be dead by now if I ate it as much as I'd like to.

Ribeye-Steak-Garlic-Butter.jpg

Last edited:

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
As a meal it would have to be Breakfast, in all of its interpretations. Omelets with chorizo or spam or ham or sausage. Biscuits and gravy with jalapenos. Eggs Benedict. Bagels & Lox with cream cheese. French Crullers. Biscuit sandwiches. English muffins with orange marmalade. Waffles with real maple syrup
Normally this stuff is all made at home because usually eating out is a disappointment. Although I do like Hatch Early Mood Food in Jenks.
When traveling and it's got to be fast food it's a McDonalds Egg McMuffin (portable eggs benedict).

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Chicken fried steak is #1 followed closely by a good cheeseburger with fries or rings. For fast food burgers I prefer the Carl's Jr 1/3 pound. Lite on the mayo and ketchup. Not so fast, Johnnies #8. Homemade is best.

Speaking of burgers, why does every place that advertises "Flame Broiled" have to drown the flavor in mayo and ketchup? Burger King and Carl's Jr both do it. I want to taste the burger not the condiments.

On a side note: If you like to keep some frozen patties on hand for quick meal, the Bradshaw Ranch 1/3lb with bacon and cheddar are not bad at all.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Speaking of burgers, why does every place that advertises "Flame Broiled" have to drown the flavor in mayo and ketchup?
Why would any red-blooded American put cheese-eating surrender monkey sauce on a burger, let alone mix it with ketchup?

Next thing you know, they'll be displaying their flags backwards.

My comfort meal would have to be Oklahoma's state meal: chicken fried steak with mashed potatoes and gravy and fried okra.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
A good cheeseburger is second only to a real chicken fried steak, none of that pre made frozen crap.

Besides breakfast, I could pretty much be satisfied with those two for meals most of the time. Unfortunately a decent example of either one is about impossible to find in Shawnee anymore.

Latest posts

Top Bottom