What was the coolest car/truck you ever owned?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did have a silver 1977 Camaro BTW. 305 V-8. Had been struck by lightning, ticked like a schizophrenic time bomb. Ground out the rust spots, replaced door hinges, leaf springs, tightened rockers on the motor and a set of K-mart shocks. Paid $600, sold $2,800. Never sorted out the suspension on it, always felt like it rocked from the driver's front wheel to the passenger rear wheel.

Dmc707

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would participate in this thread, but I'm pretty sure that I can't afford to. Kinda like the "which watch are you wearing" thread. Both threads just reinforce the feeling that I really need to make more money (or, at least, better financial decisions).

Naaahh - Just send it ! -- I have a couple of nice watches but i routinely post pics of my cheap Garmin, and even the budget price Casios , Timexes and the like are appreciated
Same for the cars -- i had to sell the orange corvette a few posts back because of "poor financial decisions" also -- we've all been there

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I had so many different cars and trucks back in the day that I almost forgot about my '71 Cutlass that got a lot of attention. I bought it off of a lady that was sending her daughter off to college and wanted to get her something newer to drive. I think I gave $500 for it.

Like this one...

1706214479794.png

And this is what I bought in '79 the day I graduated high school. I really thought it was cool.

'79 Chevy K20

1706214761499.png

(Internet photo)

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
69 Torino Cobra Jet , 428 cu.in.
Bought it when I was almost 17 yrs old from a cousin who bought it new. Car had 28k original miles on it when I sold it to get married. This is a image from the internet, all photos of the car were destroyed in a house fire in 1993. Mine was black with two one foot wide gold
Screenshot_20240125_145139_Samsung Internet.jpg
stripes on the hood going over the top and down the trunk. Clear coated with gold metal flake over entire car.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1967 Corvette convertible. Sunfire Yellow / black interior and stripe. All original, fully documented with a scrapbook containing the original bill of sale from Dec. 1966 as well as a freight manifest listing the VIN and options. L36 427/390, M21 4-speed, factory side pipes, power everything.

Found a pic.

IMG_6567.jpeg

Last edited:

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My current car. 2014 Corvette. The rest have been utilitarian aside from an ‘86 Nissan 300ZX I had for a year. It was cool but needed a lot of work. And who says Corvettes aren’t practical?View attachment 448075
Mmmm... Lime Rock Green with Brownstone interior. I really want a LR Green 2014 3LT with Kalahari. The prices for them do not seem to go down!

Latest posts

Top Bottom