What was the coolest car/truck you ever owned?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My current whip is a 2013 Camaro ZL1 convertible. She's been tweaked up to about 750 whp without any spray. She's pretty fun. Walked a lot of overconfident Scat Pack owners (and a few 'vettes).
Actually have driven Supercharged Camaros and found the suspension to be confidence inspiring with a very smooth delivery of power. Only thing I haven't liked is rear visibility and very high door sills. Wonder if OKShooters could get a track day at Thunder Valley?

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1975 El Camino Classic with a Laguna package. Like the one below, only Red and White.
My first new vehicle purchased coming out of college was a 75 El Camino. I didn't care for the Laguna front so I got the other available. It was red and I had a white vinyl wrap around top put on it. The body style I liked best was the earlier years but I HAD to have a NEW car. But when this '72 was spotted a few years ago I had to have it. Sits in my garage most of the time but I take it out at least once a week.
parler.JPG

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My first new vehicle purchased coming out of college was a 75 El Camino. I didn't care for the Laguna front so I got the other available. It was red and I had a white vinyl wrap around top put on it. The body style I liked best was the earlier years but I HAD to have a NEW car. But when this '72 was spotted a few years ago I had to have it. Sits in my garage most of the time but I take it out at least once a week. View attachment 448223
This is the only pic I have of the '75. We were on our honeymoon
Photo_2022-01-08_165611.jpg

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Way back in 1971 I owned a Lotus Europa,,,
For exactly three months.

View attachment 448002

I was a young Airman stationed in Germany,,,
We just got that huge pay raise that Nixon signed into law.

Every Airman I knew bought one of three things with our newfound riches,,,
Either a killer stereo system, a suitcase of Nikon cameras, or some outrageous sports car.

One of my friends bought the Lotus used for a song,,,
Then he promptly racked up so many tickets,,,
He lost driving privileges for 6 months.

He also lost half of his pay for that 6 months.

So I offered to make three payments if I could drive it for those months,,,
He was going to lose the car so he agreed to the deal.

Man but that car was fast,,,
Not so much in acceleration,,,
But it cruised" at 180 KPH all day long.

The Autobahn was my playground for those months.

It wasn't very luxurious though,,,
My little German Ford had a nicer interior.

But it was a chick magnet,,,
German girls loved to go fast.

Aarond

P.S. This is a stock image,,,
The one I drove was an ugly green,,,
But the color didn't seem to matter to the ladies.

That is one car I've always wanted. I've owned many British cars but, never found a deal on a Lotus. I'm restoring a '62 Jaguar MkII right now.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess the one I'm restoring right now is the coolest I've had. It was a very advanced car in its day. 220 hp aluminum head double overhead cam straight six with a 4-speed manual with electronic overdrive. It would do 0 to 60 mph in 8 seconds and top out at 125 mph. I can wait to get it on the road. It was the first production car with four-wheel disc brakes.
1st day home, 6-11-22 (4).JPG

Last edited:

DB44

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Half of my screen namesake. Very stock car with numbers-correct 350. Had it a few decades then decided in January 2023 to pass it on to someone else.

Still have the 69. It has had almost everything modified. Quite the car. Working to build a new engine for it now.
Looks good, Cragers are my favorite. I used to put them on every car I got in the 70's.

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually have driven Supercharged Camaros and found the suspension to be confidence inspiring with a very smooth delivery of power. Only thing I haven't liked is rear visibility and very high door sills. Wonder if OKShooters could get a track day at Thunder Valley?
Visibility is a big issue in Gen 5s. You learn to keep your head on a swivel. The mag ride suspensions with their various settings are amazing in coupes. The engineers at GM never envisioned convertibles being tuned up for the track so they only gave us 3 modes. I did a mag ride delete and have gone with coilovers on all 4 corners along with a full BMR rear track race suspension. The rear shocks are tunable so the ride, while not "Cadollac" smooth doesn't beat you to death.

Latest posts

Top Bottom