whats my colt enhanced worth?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abbazabba73

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
hi guys, ive recently picked up a colt 1911 enhanced and am curious what the background is on this pistol and the value? are there any colt fans who could help? the serial # starts with ss and ends with E . thanks for any info!! arvid

OkieBoogaloo

The Trees are Whisperin
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since you're still sorta new ;) Welcome abbazabba73.

As said already, posting in the correct forum section will help you get maximum results, and keep the grouches away ;) Some internet pro's just demand absolute perfection on forums. Don't mind them...

I'd suggest posting your question in the HANDGUN forum on this site. Though I'm sure someone from that area will likely see this post here (or a mod will move it there) and you'll get your answer.

Heres what I know about it (Google is your friend online ;) so let me google that for you! http://lmgtfy.com/?q=colt+1911+enhanced

During the nineties Colt announced their "Enhanced Series" of M-1911s, which were basically the Series 80 guns, with several modifications that most shooters would do on their pistols. Such modifications were a (sort-of) beavertail grip safety, beveled magazine well, flared ejection port, and a cut underneath the rear of the trigger guard, which allowed the pistol to sit lower in one's hand.

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is a colts version of a custom shop conversion, they put the most popular features on the gun so that you wouldn't have to go out and have it customized.
Limited production but the value depends on condition and caliber not on rarity.

Post some pictures and let us know the caliber and what history you have on it and we might be able to tell you more about it's value.

If you are wanting to sell it then I will tell you that there is one on gunbroker for $1 but I will give you $2. (just kidding)

Latest posts

Top Bottom