What's one thing you know now, that you wished you had known as a kid?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VarmintHunter59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would have bought all the $5, 1911s, $10, M1s and M2s out of those comic books that I could afford. I also recall being able to buy 80 acres for $4-5000 and it be good properties. Last but not least. Would have thrown the toaster in the bathtub with the first wife. Just told the cops she asked for toast.

Range Plunker

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
1. That you should not believe everything people tell you including teachers/professors;
2. That writing things down commits it to memory rather than just reading something;
3. That when you are young, experiment with as many things as you can because with age comes responsibility;
4. That you really do only have a few true friends in life;
5. That work friends fade with the job, and no matter how long you work for a company they forget who you are shortly after you leave;
6. That acquiring skills will be both financially beneficial as well as lead you into retirement with something to do;
7. That the need to make "it", whatever "it" is, does not need to occur before forty;
8. That age allows you to inquire knowledge;
9. That society treats age as it does older possessions;
10. Finally, as a recent song echoed, "every day above ground is a good day," and with age it's meaning becomes even more important.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why just the teeth? I did not expect to make it to 30, and here I am now at 66, eerily aware that I might live another 30 or 40 years. There is one dude who's convinced someone alive right now will live to be 1000 years old. (no, probably not me) If I knew then what I know now, I would have taken much better care of this whole stinking body! There is a comedian who makes a shtick of that idea, and I don't find him funny anymore!

Bill
I believe you're thinking of George Burns, who said "If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself."

He also had a joke something about marrying a much younger woman, and when asked about the obvious age difference and what happens when one of them passes on, he answered, "Well, if she dies, she dies, and I'll find another one."

Latest posts

Top Bottom