What's one thing you know now, that you wished you had known as a kid?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That my parents were young adults, just humans doing their best provide for and raise me and my sisters. Understand how a working class dad can be tired, worried, short tempered, strict, hard to please. Look at it differently now. His training procedure on many things left a lot to be desired. It influenced me strongly to do better, be more patient. Have seen better results, more harmonious outcomes doing it my way. Have to give him credit.

-Pjackso

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1) Don't be so stubborn to try new things.

2) Very rarely are there 'rules' on how to do things. (within reason) It's usually just other people telling you what to do.
If you have an idea, just try it - and don't be scared of failure.

0 0 0

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Take more pictures, Try new things, take better care of self, Be brave and talk to HER,learn from mistakes, There are other ways to have fun. Because someone thinks it's cool, it isn't.

1911DA

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't believe anything the guberment tells ya..

Don't jump out of perfectly good airplanes that are still flying

Don't fry bacon in the nude.

Dont date, marry or piss off a vindictive woman.

Get a MBA degree rather than a Masters in Mechanical Engineering.

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A lot of things already mentioned.
Wish I joined the Army at 18 instead of 28.
Married my wife when I was 25 instead of 58. (Two years ago, 12/19/19). Long story, we each had a marriage in between. The problem is if I joined the Army at 18, I probably wouldn't have met my lovely wife.
There are some things I have done that I probably shouldn't have done, but don't regret.
I've done some things at least at the time were considered felonies, just didn't get caught.
The few things that I shouldn't have done did not include causing anyone harm either physically or financially. So, I consider my conscious fairly clear.

Latest posts

Top Bottom