What's the earliest model truck and car that you can remember your parents owning?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1969 Boss 429 Mustang that my dad bought new from the local Ford dealer known for acquiring the hi-po offerings. He didn’t own it for long though, saying it was awful in stop-and-go traffic and around corners. Wish he’d kept it!

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Early 60’s 4 door Plymouth Fury with the push button transmission on the dash

Attachments

• IMG_1870.jpeg
    IMG_1870.jpeg
    463.2 KB · Views: 0

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The first new vehicle my folks bought was a 1970 F-100, which is still in my possession. The oldest vehicle they owned was a 1937 Ford pickup that Dad bought for us to restomod together. We got started on the project, then I went to college, and some…body offered him too much money to turn down for it.

The oldest one he kept (which I also still have) is a 1948 Ford 8N tractor.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The oldest that I remember of my folks' was a 1959 Ford station wagon and was the first new car that they ever bought. However, prior to that was a number of pickups, but I can't even remember the years nor brands that they were. I think one was an International, black in color, and was the one I sneaked our and drove while they were out of town somewhere.

As for my own first vehicle, it was a 1954 Ford, 2-door and six cylinder with "three on the tree."

It was green and bought in 1962 when I turned 16. I paid $150 for it and all it needed was a replacement second gear.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My parents always had old cars. Mom had a ‘35 Ford 5 window coupe that I never saw assembled. Dad had a ‘51 Mercury coupe that I never saw run, a ‘57 Bel-Air sport coupe that was his daily driver for years, and a ‘40 Ford pickup that was running, being fixed, running, repeat. All of them are gone now. Truck got sold after he passed since he forgot to make a will and step-mom needed money (that I don’t have). Everything else was sold during my parents divorce except the Bel-Air when dad needed money.

Latest posts

Top Bottom