What's the earliest model truck and car that you can remember your parents owning?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1976 AMC Pacer, my dad had a yellow one and my mom had a red one.
1978_amc_pacer-pic-4881-1600x1200.jpeg

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Earliest car I can remember that my folks owned is a’58 Oldsmobile wagon. I do have a a photo of me as a toddler sitting at the wheel of my dad’s ‘49 Oldsmobile torpedo back rocket V8.
View attachment 415075
I hate the phrase, but man, they don’t make them like they used to. The rocket ship lights and gauges, the fins, the lines, there was nothing like it.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have had older cars than my parents have had.
Dad talked about a wicked 54 Buick but I remember a 67 chevy truck, that is as far back as my memory goes for their cars.

My old car is a 1928 Ford Tudor.
My personal daily drivers are a 1957 Chevy and a 1947 Doge truck.
I have owned lots of cars from the 30's on up in every decade

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm SO gonna date myself ...

It was a 1957 Plymouth Fury. (I should add my parents weren't all that well off at the time but Grandpa owned the Plymouth dealership in Shawnee at the time. My dad got that car as a present from his dad when I was born.

Edit: Typo -- on the YEAR of course. 🤦 Lol

Cat City Slim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
72 Datsun pickup. Same year I rolled off the assembly line. We beat the hell out of that little truck and never broke it. It was passed from Dad to Mom to me and to my brother. The folks finally sold it in, I think, 2003. I wish I’d had the ability to buy it and keep it in the family.

38Super

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First one I remember is a 64(?) 4 door Impala, light blue. Next up was a 71 Dodge Dart, harvest gold, slant 6.
My uncle had a 67 GTO convertible, Hurst shifter and crager mags. That was a cool car as a pre-teen to ride around in.

Latest posts

Top Bottom