Whats the nicest lake around Tulsa area?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PUMPKIN

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All the lakes have plus and minuses. grand has the most things to do and the best fireworks show there is. but it could be possibly closed for this weekend they will know by 2 pm today.

skiatook is very nice lake to boat on, as far as the campsites and beach areas i think spanish is the main language. but it is 6.6 foot low for this weekend.

keystone not my favorite and will not go to it.

eufala is a great lake i have no complaints about it other than i wish it was alittle closer..

ft gibson is close not a big fan of the people at this lake either but thats just my opinion. its a pretty good lake but like stated earlier there is alot od debris stumps and so on. never camped there though.

tenkiller been there once 10 years ago dont know much about it, but all my friends like it.

Robert871

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I personally was spoiled by the Arkansas and misstep lakes. Clean and beautiful. Have not gob in many years but the best water we found in Oklahoma was tenkiller. I remember spavinaw being nasty, and I hear the blue green algi is horrible at grand right now. Oolagah by the Dam was fun too. Look up all these lakes to see what their clarity algi is lie, I think you can go to the core of engineers website or check the newspaper for this.

I loved diving at tenkiller, I think we launched by a place called long horn landing or something that reminds me of cattle ne ways, there's this sandy island where there are these huge almost football sized muscles, crack em open and the fish go nuts, tons of em come out of nowhere.

BadBadJohn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For local to Tulsa area I kinda like Skiatook (haven't been there in a while though) but I think water level is really low now.
Others that come to mind in NE part of state are Spavinaw and Euchee. Haven't been to either though in a long time.
I'm sure there are others that I'll think of but haven't been to them lately.

Swimming isn't allowed in these 2 lakes. Having said that, they are nice lakes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom