whats your most sentimental firearm?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MCVetSteve

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I suppose I have two "most sentimental" firearms. The 1st is a Rossi model 62sa, winchester 62 copy, little tube feed pump .22 S,L,LR. It was my stepdad's, he got it so he could teach me how to shoot when I was 12. He never actually gave it to me, I moved out shortly after that to live with my father and stepmom many states away, and he passed shortly after I joined the Marine Corps at 17. Ten years later (earlier this year) I was in FL visiting my mother with my little girl in tow. And I went into my mother's gun safe to clean the guns she cared about, cuz she never does. And I grab that one and she tells me Molly (my daughter) can have it. So it's not even mine actually, now that I've got two kids it's theirs.

The 2nd is the 1st pistol I ever bought with my money. It was a "gift from my mother" that I paid for, I was 18 at the time. It's a full size Springfield 1911-A1 two tone, lightweight. It's not pretty, but it shoots reasonably well and it'll feed and eject everything that I put in it. It's my EDC gun.

Mtlion1953

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Winchester model 62A 22LR My dad bought it when he was in the Navy in about 1952-53, I shot it as a kid, when I moved away from home he let me take with me because we were such good friends. shot a lot of ammo thru it, still shoots good. I'm 61 years old now my eye sight won't let me shoot iron sights like I used to. But the rifle is still in my gun cabinet. I'll hand it down to my sons or maybe a grand son.

Phezzik

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd have to say my Springfield 12ga shotgun. My dad passed it down to me after his mom bought it for him after losing his old gun nearly drowning on the Sacramento river while duck hunting.

RKM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Smith and Wesson Model 1 1/2 third issue. It was handed down to me by my mother. Her mother used to carry it in her apron. Grandmother was a widow, and when the miners got drunk they would wander up the mountain road to try to romance (just a polite word for horndog) grandma. My mother would tell me that grandma would stand on the porch and start slinging rounds in their direction to scare them off. Later, the sheriff would show up and want to know if she was ok. This was in the mountains of West Virginia during the depression.
She also had a Colt Single Action Army, but my Uncle got that one.

GUN DOG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
first pistol I bought when I came to the US, Ruger MkII stainless 5 1/2 in standard barrel. Handi rifle 3030 barrel fitted by me hand loaded by me with pointy boolits its the rifle my son shot his first deer with, also has a 12ga barrel I put sights on he shot his first and only turkey, M1 garand my son & I picked out at the CMP on our way to a ball game in Atlanta

D V US

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most sentimental firearm? That's a tough one, almost every one that I keep has sentimental value to it. I can't pick just one but I'll keep the list short. Kinda.
My dad's High Standard Double Nine .22 revolver. It was the first real gun I had ever seen, the first gun I ever shot (and what an addiction it started) and when I lost my dad when I was 16 it kept me connected with a lot of good memories.

My Super Blackhawk because it was my first center fire handgun. I bought it with money I received when I graduated high school. I taught myself how to do my own gunsmithing and gun customizing on this one. It's a one of a kind and I look forward to the day when it gets handed down to ...one of my children who shall remain unnamed for the foreseeable future.

My 1911 .45 because it is the first gun that I built piece by chosen piece. Took me seven years to find all the right pieces to finish it.

My Russian SKS. It was my first center fire rifle. I bought it for a cheap deer rifle to go hunting with my cousin. Yes I say cheap because when I bought it it was sitting on one of two gun show tables stacked 10 high with grades ranging from beat up Chinese salvage for $45 at one end to un-issued Russians for $93 on the other. I bought an un-issued Russian because it looked pretty and the un-issued ones had a whole lot less cosmolene to clean off. And it came with a sling. I never did make that hunting trip and I still have the half case of hollow point ammunition I got with it for $50. I've only put maybe 400 rounds through it and it's still as pretty as the day I got it.

9mmTeacher

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Marlin 336 in 30-30 that originally belonged to my Mom's father (Pa) and then got traded to my Dad for a bull, then back for a horse. I inherited it after both have passed. It is in rough shape but shoots great and I wouldn't take anything for it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom