Where can I get a GOOD cantaloupe ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
What's a watermelon in Rush Springs cost these days? Grew up eating Black Diamond but was told now there are many other varieties that are better. Keep thinking about going to the annual festival but though of competing with 50,000 people doesn't sound fun.
There's a couple that sets up in Cyril selling watermelons from Rush Springs for like $10 each or something. It changes. I have yet to buy one and I don't think I ever will.

Last edited:

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LoL

$12 - $18, $24 for a yellow melon

Not happening, I can get a seedless @Aldi for <$5
Understandable, grocery store produce is always better. Usually those melons are coming from Mexico, china or South America. Don’t go by what box or sticker is telling you.

I tell everyone that comes across my stand and gripe’s about prices that the land, equipment, and easy work is done.
I’m that note I’m not paying that for a melon either. I’m like you a cheap a$$

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Understandable, grocery store produce is always better. Usually those melons are coming from Mexico, china or South America. Don’t go by what box or sticker is telling you.

I tell everyone that comes across my stand and gripe’s about prices that the land, equipment, and easy work is done.
Nothing special about a Rush Springs melon. Slice up a $5 store bought and a $18 Rush Spring and you can't identify which is which.

I go to Terrel festival and get Red River bottom melons. Though, last year, some got the Rush Spring stupid. By end of festival, they had sold very few. Some started dropping prices, but word was out and people refused to buy. The sane growers sold out. I did pay $8, but it was a HUGE melon and delicious.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score

I'm plannin on givin you some $$. It might be for a slice but I'm still gonna spend some. lol

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nothing special about a Rush Springs melon. Slice up a $5 store bought and a $18 Rush Spring and you can't identify which is which.

I go to Terrel festival and get Red River bottom melons. Though, last year, some got the Rush Spring stupid. By end of festival, they had sold very few. Some started dropping prices, but word was out and people refused to buy. The sane growers sold out. I did pay $8, but it was a HUGE melon and delicious.
Understandable. I never had one from Terrel festival. I have some extremely nice produce, I do not over charge. I have the mindset of pile it high kiss it good bye. I make a few dollars in profit that it. I also grow ALOT!

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm plannin on givin you some $$. It might be for a slice but I'm still gonna spend some. lol
I promise I won’t take it all! I tell ppl I’m here to beat inflation and I do. Everything we grow is 💯 natural. I can walk anyone through our process and show what we use.
I can’t legally use the term organic because it’s been seized by the feds…and I’m not going to allow them 24/7 access to my property. The only melons I have atm is cantaloupe. I have a lot of other veggies.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I promise I won’t take it all! I tell ppl I’m here to beat inflation and I do. Everything we grow is 💯 natural. I can walk anyone through our process and show what we use.
I can’t legally use the term organic because it’s been seized by the feds…and I’m not going to allow them 24/7 access to my property. The only melons I have atm is cantaloupe. I have a lot of other veggies.
Where you be? I buy a lot of local produce, when it is priced competitive.

Latest posts

Top Bottom