Where do you buy your vehicle parts online?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rock Auto here too most of the time especially if I have time. They are way cheaper on shocks, oil filters, brakes and some electrical parts. I've also been known to look up factory part numbers and google them. Sometimes Amazon comes through in fantastic fashion if you plug in the factory part number but that's extremely hit or miss. I once bought the exact factory window switch for my truck for $14 that the Ford dealer wanted $80 for and O'Reillys wants $50 for. Crossed the FoMoCo number right to the Dorman number and Amazon had it cheap.
I've been occasionally surprised by what I've found on Amazon. I've bought legit OEM parts from them, and I didn't have to worry if they were some cheap Chinesium knock-offs. They're not always cheaper than Rockauto on the price of the parts, but the free Prime shipping usually makes up the difference (plus the "it'll be here the day after tomorrow" vs. "UPS will probably get it there eventually" factor doesn't hurt).

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been occasionally surprised by what I've found on Amazon. I've bought legit OEM parts from them, and I didn't have to worry if they were some cheap Chinesium knock-offs. They're not always cheaper than Rockauto on the price of the parts, but the free Prime shipping usually makes up the difference (plus the "it'll be here the day after tomorrow" vs. "UPS will probably get it there eventually" factor doesn't hurt).
Yep. I bought a factory dual electric fan assembly for my Ford Edge. $440 at the dealer. Looked up the factory part number and got it for $69 off of Amazon. I figured it was a counterfeit but for the difference I was going to find out. I really scrutinized it heavily when I got it, but it was identical to the one I pulled out and was in factory branded packaging. If it was a counterfeit I didn't care, it was that good of a copy.

Ditto for a mechanical fan clutch for my truck. All the lifetime warranties in the world, don't mean much to me if it's a pain to change and the Oreillys ultra severe duty China wonder gave up the ghost in about 10 months like I figured it would. I was in a bind and couldn't wait on a FoMoCo. Off to Amazon I went. About 1/2 the price of the dealer. 4 years or so later it's still pulling air. I've done well with Amazon on auto parts but lately they can't seem to beat Rock on most stuff.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Amazon for things connectors, hatch supports and others.. filters, heater blower motor. Check all three. I have had good lu k as long as you check the reviews. Car cabin filters

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m due for a new set of front brakes and rotors on my 2017 Ram 1500 and was wondering where y’all get your parts online? What’s the best place price wise and delivery?

Also in the market for a floor jack and jackstands if anyone has any recommendations. I always just borrowed my brothers but he moved. Wasn’t sure if those harbor freight ones are worth buying or if I should just get a jack and stands at NAPA. Feels wrong getting a harbor freight jack and stands when my tools are Snap-On…
The company I work for snagged these guys a few months ago. check prices here as well.

https://throtl.com/

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used cRock Auto ONCE! Never again.

O'Reilly, Summit Racing or J. C. Whitney, depending on the part.

I have a HF floor jack and jack stand. Have had them or 15 years. They carry 3 or 4 tiers of quality. Do not buy the lowest, unless it is a one time use.

Woodman 59

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m due for a new set of front brakes and rotors on my 2017 Ram 1500 and was wondering where y’all get your parts online? What’s the best place price wise and delivery?

Also in the market for a floor jack and jackstands if anyone has any recommendations. I always just borrowed my brothers but he moved. Wasn’t sure if those harbor freight ones are worth buying or if I should just get a jack and stands at NAPA. Feels wrong getting a harbor freight jack and stands when my tools are Snap-On…
You can get Craftsman at Lowes and ACE hardware stores. I have done this before, find a Snap-on truck he will sell to ya also. Good luck

Latest posts

Top Bottom