Who All Got The "Dreaded" Netflix E-Mail?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edgar Derby

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My XBOX doesn't. I have XBMC on it so I can play from Samba and/or NFS though, which works great.

You're talking about an original xbox then, right? It doesn't have netflix streaming if that's what you have.

The 360 does have netflix if it's hooked up to the net. Just go to video marketplace and hit the netflix logo and enter your account info.

Vamoose

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He sounds like he knows what he's doing to me. I think it shows why Netflix is on top of the market and will stay on top of the market. If you have the service now and basically use only one of the two options your monthly fee will go down a couple of bucks if you cancel the option you don't use. I never use Netflix streaming anyway so I'll cancel that and save a couple of dollars every month. I always thought the monthly cost of streaming AND movies through the mail combined was a bargain waiting to be stomped on. It was a loss-lead designed to get people started on streaming. The next step, within the next 24 months I'd guess, will be to up the price of each service to $9.99.

vicious

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I cancelled as soon as I received the email. They have 0 support for linux streaming, and since that's my job that's what I do. I can just as easily go to the local video place and spend less money on the same amount of movies. Keeping in mind that they used their bundled services as a way to real in clients, I think it's disingenuous to think that so few people will be upset about this.

This guy has had enough. I'll stick with my home media servers, buying and renting movies locally, and I'll support DirecTV's streaming options. I am certain that I can do as much watching as I did via netflix for as little or less than i was spending in the first place. I guess I should thank netflix, they just reduced my monthly debt!

I'm also with Vamoose, they'll up the prices to the $9.99 within 24 months.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I use a PS3 and a Wii. The selection of titles on streaming has been absolute crap for a while now, and the DVD selection isn't much better. I've been wondering why I paid for it when it was 9.99, now I'm probably just going to stop it all together.

Robert871

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
i did the streaming for the free month. then got lured into staying on for the next two months i think, got myself caught up on some series i had not seen. i liked netflix well enough, but they simply ran outta stuff i wanted to watch, and were not getting the new stuff fast enough, i could go to movie-forumz.tv and get the new stuff sooner, and for free, and alot of the times dl and own it too.... .. so i cancel after 2 months, doesn't affect me. i get the impression that they have and are more or less killed/killing blockbuster, and now they are thinking of weeding out cd/dvds and trying to figure a way to lessen their demand and eventually get rights to digital copies for new releases too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom