Who All Got The "Dreaded" Netflix E-Mail?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I cancelled because their selection available for streaming never had the new releases I wanted anyway. Hastings in Stillwater always does and I wound up going there anyway. This new change means I just don’t need to give their service a second thought anymore. When they get their streaming selection to a point where “ALL” new releases are available at 12:00:01 AM the day of release people will come back in droves, "even at twice the price". I really don’t care if they have twenty thousand or a hundred thousand titles in their streaming selection if 90% of them are crud.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've watched more movies and documentaries since I got Netflix last month than I have in my entire life. I'll keep it. I don't care for getting the DVDs delivered anyhoooooo ... Just hand me the remote ... We've been pretty satisfied so far.

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've watched more movies and documentaries since I got Netflix last month than I have in my entire life. I'll keep it. I don't care for getting the DVDs delivered anyhoooooo ... Just hand me the remote ... We've been pretty satisfied so far.

I totally agree. Most of the lacking new releases people are bellyaching about is the 'Hollywood crap' you read in other threads. Netflix streaming for documentaries is unbeatable. My son is watching a bunch of weird british children's cartoons, and that kind of creeps me out, but otherwise it is a great value... better than cable.

Netflix Streaming tries to assume a few things about what you like to watch and throws those up in your face, which totally obscures the 95% of things you might like watching but don't know about. Spending some time surfing in the catalog ALWAYS turns up things I'm glad I stumbled over. If anything, the interface Netflix uses to display the catalog sucks.

I have a Roku box and a wired ethernet connection into Cox mid-tier internet. Works great, and hiccups are very far inbetween.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I totally agree. Most of the lacking new releases people are bellyaching about is the 'Hollywood crap' you read in other threads. Netflix streaming for documentaries is unbeatable. My son is watching a bunch of weird british children's cartoons, and that kind of creeps me out, but otherwise it is a great value... better than cable.

Netflix Streaming tries to assume a few things about what you like to watch and throws those up in your face, which totally obscures the 95% of things you might like watching but don't know about. Spending some time surfing in the catalog ALWAYS turns up things I'm glad I stumbled over. If anything, the interface Netflix uses to display the catalog sucks.

I have a Roku box and a wired ethernet connection into Cox mid-tier internet. Works great, and hiccups are very far inbetween.

I KNOW!! GC teases me that I spend more time running through the catalogs than I do actually watching stuff!

Oh ... and as long as he's not watching that Japanese anime stuff you're safe! My kids still watch anything with "British" and "comedy" in the description. They complain that nobody gets their sense of humor though!

spamby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Talked to wife last night about how much she wants netflixs. Looks like were gonna cancel it. Spend the mint on some other form of entertainment.

BuddyL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use Roku to get the streaming section and it works great so I will keep that part. The plus for roku is that it can be watched from the TV and any of the 3 computers in the house. If I want a new movie, just flick the button over to Amazon and watch it there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom