Who has a .460 Weatherby Magnum?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Way worse or not as bad? I could see it going either way.
Seems most .460 Weatherby come with a brake which should help a bunch, as well as better designed stocks and are heavier which too should help.
But again, way more HP so maybe all that doesnt make up for the additional umph.
Worse, both were Mark V with no brake. Pretty sharp bite to both.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't, but a few years ago sportsworld had Remington model 788s in .375 H&H and .458 win mag. I came very close to buying a .458. I think they wanted $399 for one.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm trying hard not to become a Ruger No. 1 collector. They make so many neat calibers and are just dang good looking weapons...its hard for a guy with very little self control.

Capture.JPG

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
.460 Weatherby isn't bad. I had one and even my son at 14 didn't have a problem with the recoil. Which brings me to a story.

When my son was a young kidlet, I decided to show him that recoil really wasn't nothing to fret about. So, I took up a double barrel 12 gauge, stood up, placed it against my crotch, and pulled the triggers. I should have fired just one barrel. I really, REALLY should have fired just one barrel at a time. It took a bit for the tears and cursing to stop, and when I managing to uncurl from that fetal position my son seemed less than impressed. That was one of my, somewhat frequent, less-than-shining moments.
Good thing you
Did that AFTER you
Had your son

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a custom 460 Weatherby Magnum and love it.

This is the current load that I am shooting in it:

CASE: Weatherby 460 Weatherby Magnum

PRIMER: Federal 215 Magnum

POWDER: H-4895 / 110 grains

BULLET: Hornady 350 gr. Round Nose

VELOCITY: 3,118 fps.

ACCURACY: 3-shot groups @ 100 yards average 9/16"

Latest posts

Top Bottom