Who is going to the rally at the Capitol?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you going to give a speech about your plan for universal background checks at gun shows?

That should go over like a lead balloon!

This hasn't really been brought up, but...

I am not against background checks on firearms of all types regardless of mag capacities or feature list bought, sold, traded, etc at gun shows, private sale, or otherwise. When a crime is committed and a gun is found, they look it up, see who owns it and its a real good start. I realize shootings don't mean guns left behind, but its an improvement that I wouldn't care to get in the way of.

To me this is not a restriction of my rights at all. Why doesn't everyone complain about having to register your vehicles, or home, or anything else that must be recorded who the owner is when it changes hands?

vdub

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To me this is not a restriction of my rights at all. Why doesn't everyone complain about having to register your vehicles, or home, or anything else that must be recorded who the owner is when it changes hands?

Show me where vehicles, etc. are mentioned in the Bill of Rights and I will support your statement. I think it is just that plain and simple. Guns and the ability to protect yourself are rights. Vehicles are a luxury!

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I am not against background checks on firearms of all types regardless of mag capacities or feature list bought, sold, traded, etc at gun shows, private sale, or otherwise. When a crime is committed and a gun is found, they look it up, see who owns it and its a real good start. I realize shootings don't mean guns left behind, but its an improvement that I wouldn't care to get in the way of.

Because vehicles aren't a Constitutionally protected right. Because no one is going to use vehicle registration to confiscate all vehicles in America. Because vehicle ownership isn't intended to be the last line of defense against government tyranny. Because vehicles aren't barred from individual states once registered. Because vehicles aren't banned by type or "power". Because, because, because...

Do you need any more examples? :rolleyes2

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Show me where vehicles, etc. are mentioned in the Bill of Rights and I will support your statement. I think it is just that plain and simple. Guns and the ability to protect yourself are rights. Vehicles are a luxury!

No one has to register a vehicle. Only if you drive it on public roads. I have seen unregistered vehicles. I am sure they had a title. Vehicle registeration laws are state laws, not federal laws.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Except the background check doesn't do any of the things mentioned above. It's a yes or no to the seller allowing them to sell a weapon. It is not registration. Even if the NICS check records aren't destroyed as mandated by law all they do is point to the 1st legal owner of a weapon used in a crime. And that's a long drawn out process that starts with the manufacturer, moves to the firearms distributor, to the FFL and finally to the original purchaser who is about as likely to be the criminal who used the weapon as it is for the sun to go nova tomorrow.

How many crimes have been solved by registration? I'd bet less than .01% and yes that ZERO belongs in front of the 1.

How many criminals acquire their guns legally and go thru a NICS check to get them?

HUH? How many.

1.bp.blogspot.com__5RQtfmk_GNQ_UMiaXIbhggI_AAAAAAAACt8_3UUnSNBoSyw_s1600_sam_elliot.jpg

Attachments

• sam+elliot.jpg
    sam+elliot.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 158

vdub

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No one has to register a vehicle. Only if you drive it on public roads. I have seen unregistered vehicles. I am sure they had a title. Vehicle registeration laws are state laws, not federal laws.

Not sure why you quoted me on this as I was not the one using vehicle registration as an argument for gun registration.

Latest posts

Top Bottom