Who Pays $15-$23 per Hour forArmed Security?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Got my Cleet Armed Security/PI license an a little bored this winter while it's too cold to ride. I'd be interested if someone needs some help.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The FAA canter has a couple of openings because people failed their annual physicals. The starting armed is around $23/hr. It's a base pay of around $20/hr + health & wellness pay of which is supposed to be so you can go buy health insurance. Unarmed is around $17-18 range. The dispatchers may be the $15-16/hr people. They have armed security and dispatchers 24/7. The unarmed is M-F during the day. I think there is 1 unarmed on Saturday too. They have changed some of the shifts since I left. I was there Dec 2001 to May 2010. I still have lots of friends there and talk to them all the time. I know 1 of the positions that just came open was on midnight shift. The other was a day shift, but it was likely filled by a newer guy on midnights just moving to a better shift. They have standing (sitting in a NICE guardshack) and patrols. They typically rotate so you work the gate (watch TV) one night and patrol the rest. Patrol is pulling doors on the buildings. You make 2 rounds per night. First round takes maybe an hour. The second you have to unlock doors during the week that don't unlock via computer. The rest of the time you goof off with the other patrols, go get food, refuel all the units overnight. It's super easy work. No real danger compared to a normal security job. You MUST carry what they issue. It is contract work and they switch contractors every 5 years. The people stay but they bring in new management. The new contractor as of 2011 is a combination of SSSI in OKC and SSI in Shawnee. SSSI was the former contractor and couldn't bid again. SSI didn't have the funds to bid. They teamed up. SSSI backed SSI for the bid. I believe the uniform you wear is SSI.

If you find out it's one of those companies and/or that's the job and you have any more questions, just ask.

Edit: Armed positions require 2 years armed experience. You can't have any defaulted credit. You can have bad credit, but can't have bill collectors after you currently. You can have student loans but can't be behind. Believe it or not, this cuts a LOT of people. The background checks are thorough. You will be interviewed/researched by OPM.

SlammerG_89

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
EP work can bring in even better pay. Usually those jobs are protecting rich paranoid people and their families. I have a friend back in phx that runs a security company as a second job and he made his mcso salary on a 2 week contract, and that was after he paid the rest of his crew.

Latest posts

Top Bottom