Who Pays $15-$23 per Hour forArmed Security?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MFCEO

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is where we make our money is off duty gigs. If you just have your CLEET etc, most places will pay you around 10-12 hr. There's not a lot of money to be made if CLEET is all you have.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
After working LEO in metro Atlanta, I went to work for the CDC at their lab/compound in Lawrenceville Ga. Pay was 30.00 and hour for armed, but you had to have physicals every 6 months, rabies vac's every year, blood drawn quarterly due to all the crap there an what they were working on. You were issued a sidearm, and a shotgun in case a critter got loose, lots of infected animals there!!!!

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The one on 122nd and May does. Usually Friday and Sat nights from about 11p-2am. It's the same as if they were working hospital or bank security, concerts etc. They are in uniform, off-duty, usually with their take home, and it runs 50+ an hour. I know the officer gets 50, so I imagine to make it beneficial because of gas, equipment upkeep etc, the City has to pocket a few $ too.

Last edited:

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been paid upwards of $30 hr for off duty gigs. The usual price for non TPD is right around $20 hr and TPD is usually in the range of $25+ since they essentially are getting paid almost $20 an hour after a few years on the job.

If I was given the opportunity to work for $50 hr at a 7 eleven in a real ****** part of town, I dunno if I'd even mess with the headache. I enjoy money, but money ain't everything.

jdubya

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The one on 122nd and May does. Usually Friday and Sat nights from about 11p-2am. It's the same as if they were working hospital or bank security, concerts etc. They are in uniform, off-duty, usually with their take home, and it runs 50+ an hour. I know the officer gets 50, so I imagine to make it beneficial because of gas, equipment upkeep etc, the City has to pocket a few $ too.
Its not $50 an hour, I can guarantee that. I am OCPD and our usual is $25-30 an hour. He might be getting $50 to sit there for two hours. Ive only ever seen a handful of jobs that pay $50 an hour and those are usually an emergency type of thing. I did see the railroad pay $60 an hour once but thats it.

jdubya

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been paid upwards of $30 hr for off duty gigs. The usual price for non TPD is right around $20 hr and TPD is usually in the range of $25+ since they essentially are getting paid almost $20 an hour after a few years on the job.

If I was given the opportunity to work for $50 hr at a 7 eleven in a real ****** part of town, I dunno if I'd even mess with the headache. I enjoy money, but money ain't everything.
NW 122/ May isnt a bad part of town. Quail Creek G&CC is right up the street.

Latest posts

Top Bottom