Who won the debate?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Romney said that he worked with both sides of the legislature to come up with a plan that worked for his state.

States rights rule!

Obummer says the gubberment has to control your life.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
is this ^^^old DNC talking point stuff or did I miss Romney's sudden change tonight?

Romney's talking points re: taxes and healthcare are completely different then when he was doing teaparty base foreplay in the primaries. Now that Newt and Frothy Mixture are gone he toned down his ********. Which made him seem calm, sane, and pragmatic tonight. I may have underestimated his strategy. A competent liberal would slap Romney's baby head every time it popped up from its crib - and this would have been a great opportunity for Obama to walk all over him. But he didn't.

It's not that Romney is good, it's that Obama debated like his dog just died or he just walked in on Michelle fawking the pizza boy.

Glocksteady

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll tell you one thing, I don't see how closing loopholes in taxes is going to get us out of this huge debt. It seems we are so far in debt, that a tax cut on top of closing loopholes will take us forever to pay off the deficit.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll tell you one thing, I don't see how closing loopholes in taxes is going to get us out of this huge debt. It seems we are so far in debt, that a tax cut on top of closing loopholes will take us forever to pay off the deficit.

See SMS's post above. And remember that after the Bush tax cuts that revenue to the treasury hit an all time high. Romney is saying putting people to work and watch the tax dollars will roll in. And they will, he's right. Reagan and Bush proved it. Dims just hate that little tidbit.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I'm not the financial guy on this forum, but historically when taxes go up, the country loses money.

Businesses quit investing money when taxes are high, employment is high, etc.

I'm thinking the current financial situation is a pretty good example of how that happens.

Latest posts

Top Bottom