1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Who would I use for Class III sale

Discussion in 'NFA & Class III Discussion' started by Cohiba, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Cohiba

Cohiba Sharpshooter

Hey All,

Is there anyone here in the Edmond/OKC area that I could use to sell a classIII gun??

I have a buddy in Houston(use to live there) that when I needed a classIII/AOW he had it, knows where to get it, did the paper work for me.....all I did was pay him, get the paperwork, pickup the gun.
    NOTE: He is a type 07 FFL/Class 02 SOT.

What I need: A legal dealer that can sell my gun, do the paperwork, and all I do is pay the fee(what would a fee cost) and collect the money.....is this possible??

My wife doesn't shoot her MAC-10 anymore and I have one already, soooooo before I sell it, I want to know who I should use and their fee.

Thanks!!

Cohiba

2. CAR-AR-M16

CAR-AR-M16 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Contact Bryon (Maj Malfunction). He is in Edmond.

http://www.major-malfunction.com/

3. tyromeo55

tyromeo55 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Selling it yourself is pretty easy. then give it to bryon to transfer out. I think his fee for a NFA transfer is 50 bucks but I'm sure that does not include shipping or consignment

4. saryan

saryan Sharpshooter

Call Steve at Cold Hand Arms. He is a great guy.

5. dwkennedy

dwkennedy Sharpshooter

I am pretty sure you can sell it on subguns.com yourself, then mail it (insured of course) to the out-of-state FFL listed on the Form 4. At least that's how it went down when I bought.

If you sell it in state, all you need is a tax-paid form 4 and a FTF... you are the transferor and the buyer is the transferee.

You and the buyer can negotiate the sale price and who pays the transfer taxes. As I buyer I like to use my own check for the transfer tax since I can be assured the F4 made it to ATF when the check clears.

If you want money right away talk to Reuben Mendiola or one of the other big boys who can afford pay cash up front, no work for you but you won't see as much money at the end of the day. Maybe the local dealer Major Malf. would be interested, might even do a sale on consignment.

6. 101ABN327

101ABN327 Sharpshooter

Yes. An individual can ship to an SOT. I sold an AK this way and the sale went without a hitch. The only problem I had was with UPS freaking out at the amount I insured at!

7. rifleman 1981

rifleman 1981 Sharpshooter

Rating
    71.4%
    Brandon Benson of Benson Firearms is a very very good class 3 dealer to do business with, will do everything he can to get you top dollar for your class 3 weapon, he is located in Piedmont Ok