Whurr my T-Mobile hustlaz at?!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Check it, so AT&T has announced plans to acquire T-Mobile USA. I've been a very loyal T-Mobile customer since 1998 when they were still Voicestream. If this acquisition does not get blocked by the Feds, which I'm really hoping it does, then I will be canceling my service and taking my business elsewhere. Checking out Twitter, Facebook, as well as different tech blogs such as Engadget, I will not be the only one... by far.

I could be wrong, but if this buyout is successful, that would mean that AT&T would have a monopoly over GSM/EDGE/HSPA+ cellular services. On top of that, it would also mean that AT&T and Verizon own approximately 80% of the national market, and that's a scary situation that I want absolutely no part in.

The buyout isn't supposed to happen for another 12 months, so that's plenty of time to do homework, but...

Who else is on T-Mobile here? Will you be staying? -- Why? Will you be switching? -- To which carrier?

As of right now, I'm eyeballing Sprint. They're the last big name, national carrier that still qualifies as the underdog. Big enough to offer the latest available phones and services, yet smaller than the other 2 to still offer a higher quality customer service if they wish to keep their customers, though they would need to pick up CS quality since they're rated last of the current big 4.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Peep this, Sprint service sucks.

Care to elaborate? Voice service, data service, customer service?

I personally only know a couple of people on Sprint and both are satisfied all across the board. One guy works on base with me lives in Edmond only a couple of miles away from me. He travels a bit and the only dead spot he's aware of is around Lake Thunderbird. I know that the majority of people who bash on T-Mobile say their coverage sucks. From where I travel, live, work, and hang out, the only dead spots I find are in fallout shelters here on base.

Edited to add: Word up.

ryanncass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had Sprint for at least 9 years. I never have any problem except I will see an odd charge on my bill. I call them and they remove it. Other then that No issues

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Care to elaborate? Voice service, data service, customer service?

I personally only know a couple of people on Sprint and both are satisfied all across the board. One guy works on base with me lives in Edmond only a couple of miles away from me. He travels a bit and the only dead spot he's aware of is around Lake Thunderbird. I know that the majority of people who bash on T-Mobile say their coverage sucks. From where I travel, live, work, and hang out, the only dead spots I find are in fallout shelters here on base.

Edited to add: Word up.

True, True. Voice and customer service have not been good. I've not dealt with their data services. If you stay in a major metro area then you'll be alright. Once you start venturing out you'll notice a lot of dead zones.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sprint will be acquired within 1 year by either ATT, V, or Apple (long shot).

where did ya get that idea at?

I am happy with Sprint...if I have a deadzone other carriers do as well in the same place. They have been slacking on "4g" but meh no biggie to me. customer service is fine I got upgraded to the epic for free after complaining about issues with my phone. I have a great plan and don't use 1/10th of what I could on a high usage month and my plan is cheaper than if I went to any other carrier.

Edit: I have taken it all over central US and the lower east coast and everywhere in between and had 0 issues. If I can get great signal and quality in Freedom, OK or in SE Oklahoma (Kiamachi river) I'm good...

Latest posts

Top Bottom