Whurr my T-Mobile hustlaz at?!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
most towers aren't owned by carriers rather tower companies who lease space to carriers ,most towers have several carrier's equipment on them.

yes they are building thier own networks and phasing out the sprint tied services

This is what I heard as well. From what I was told by Cox directly (the people working in the stores), they purchased equipment from another carrier at an auction and have been spending the last couple years getting this installed, tested, and tweaked while they awaited the FCC approval to enter the market. I could have been told in error, but this was direct from the mouth of someone who works for Cox.

Now, the other thing I noticed and was not told by an employee, is they have added lots of smaller little branch outlets over the metro areas in Tulsa and OKC. Sure seems like they would be putting up brick & mortar retail locations more for wireless sales than in-home telecom services. Seems they also reference this in the news story:

"The company said it will unveil... as the centerpiece of its redesigned Oklahoma stores"

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Regarding Sprint, I had terrible experiences with their customer services reps, unclear billing and charge statements, and outright no willingness for them to assist explain the billing terms and compromise and any charges accrued as a result of the confusing billing. But that was literally 10 years ago. It may have changed, but I vowed to never use Sprint again. It was US Cellular for 2 years, then Cingular/AT&T for 6, and now Verizon for the last year.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sprint doesn't seem to be doing so well, which is sucks because they offer a lot of bang for the buck, but it appears to come at a cost of slow network speeds and spotty coverage.

How happy are you Verizon peeps? I might be stuck going with the lesser of 2 evils here.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been very happy with Verizon. Between the relatively new Verizon infrastructure in NE Oklahoma and the Alltel stuff in Central and Western OK, they have been far superior to AT&T where I have been. Outside of OK, I have been to MO, MI, CA, AZ, AR, NV in the past year, and Verizon has worked better than AT&T. I had no complaints about AT&T service (on the mobile side... in home is another tale) but Verizon has been good the couple times I needed it.

I have heard Verizon plans are more expensive, but to be honest I have a company phone... so I have no idea what their rates are these days :D

I only had some issues with Verizon driving through rural SE Kansas when it would fade between towers. My coworker has Sprint. The odd thing was that one of us would fade into coverage when the other would fade from. They are both CDMA and I thought they were roaming partners ??? but we would sometimes continue a call on the the others' phone when one of us dropped a call and had no signal.

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had Sprint and their service sucked and their customer service sucked. I was with them from the time they entered into the OK market until about 4-5 years ago. It took getting a regional VP involved in my account to find out where the mysterious charges came on my account every month. He made me a deal when he was confidant that they fixed it that he gave me 6 months of service credit, told me he was so confidant that he got the issue resolved that if they did not he would let me out of my contracts and allow us to leave Sprint and also get the credit he posted to my account if the billing was messed up on the next cycle.

yep, the very next month I was with ATT, Sprint sent me a $500 check and waived all of my early termination fees.

So they suck, ATT has never gave me one lick of trouble, I have had dropped calls but 99% of the time is it related to the phone either not having the newest firmware or roaming tower updates.

spamby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, like I said I'm with Sprint but not for long. Come the 1st of next month I'm going over to AT&T. Talked to a customer rep just now and told her I was tired of spotty courage, she said no it was my phone and to up grade to a newer phone. Of course at a price. Told her no, that I'll go to a new company. Tired of the B.S.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
US CELLULAR all the way! i challenge you to even try to drop a call with them, wont happen. best coverage in oklahoma

The issue I run into with them is their package equivalent to what I have now would run me $30 more per month.

With T-Mobile, we get 750 shared minutes, uncapped, unlimited web/data and text for $139.99/month + tax. My wife's phone is 4G, mine isn't.

The US Cellular equivalent is: 900 minutes, unlimited text, and 5 GB/month web/data for $169.99/month + tax.

The Verizon equivalent is: 700 shared minutes, uncapped, unlimited web and text for $159.97/month + tax.

The Sprint equivalent is: 1500 shared minutes, uncapped, unlimited web/data, and text for $149.99/month + tax.

These prices and packages are another reason why I'll be upset to have to leave T-Mobile. If things stay the same as above, it looks like Verizon will be getting our services, even though like I've said earlier, they're the lesser of 2 evils.

ArGyLe64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Check it, so AT&T has announced plans to acquire T-Mobile USA. I've been a very loyal T-Mobile customer since 1998 when they were still Voicestream. If this acquisition does not get blocked by the Feds, which I'm really hoping it does, then I will be canceling my service and taking my business elsewhere. Checking out Twitter, Facebook, as well as different tech blogs such as Engadget, I will not be the only one... by far.

I could be wrong, but if this buyout is successful, that would mean that AT&T would have a monopoly over GSM/EDGE/HSPA+ cellular services. On top of that, it would also mean that AT&T and Verizon own approximately 80% of the national market, and that's a scary situation that I want absolutely no part in.

The buyout isn't supposed to happen for another 12 months, so that's plenty of time to do homework, but...

Who else is on T-Mobile here? Will you be staying? -- Why? Will you be switching? -- To which carrier?

As of right now, I'm eyeballing Sprint. They're the last big name, national carrier that still qualifies as the underdog. Big enough to offer the latest available phones and services, yet smaller than the other 2 to still offer a higher quality customer service if they wish to keep their customers, though they would need to pick up CS quality since they're rated last of the current big 4.

LMAO @ this ^. There is a reason the rest of the world uses GSM and America is the only country still using CDMA (Sprint, US Cellular, and Verizon). This country is always behind in technology. Go ahead. Switch to a CDMA company and you'll be stuck in 4G (when it actually gets here) while the rest of us with GSM will move on to 5G, 6G, 7G and so on. I'll take the 87G of GSM over 4G CDMA any day.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LMAO @ this ^. There is a reason the rest of the world uses GSM and America is the only country still using CDMA (Sprint, US Cellular, and Verizon). This country is always behind in technology. Go ahead. Switch to a CDMA company and you'll be stuck in 4G (when it actually gets here) while the rest of us with GSM will move on to 5G, 6G, 7G and so on. I'll take the 87G of GSM over 4G CDMA any day.

Well I completely agree with you, I would love to stay with GSM technology, but I'm just not comfortable supporting a monopoly over it.

Though with CDMA, there is LTE, LTE Advanced, WiMax "and beyond".

Latest posts

Top Bottom