Whurr my T-Mobile hustlaz at?!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lithiumokc

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have tmo now and have been with them on and off since voicestream. I am in the air about what to do.. I really hate how ATT always manages to buy out anyone they want like they did with Cingular. I dont think att has ever actually done there own thing since the ATT startac flippy. They will buy something, become mono and sam breaks them up only to do it again. as long as I can still have contact while im in the woods hunting I will prolly stay but you never no.

cearven1987

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ive never had sprint but a buddy of mine did and he hated sprint his problem was that they would shut his phone off if he went over his min plan his bill was never late and he called the several times but they would still turn it off every time he went over. it prolly wouldnt have been to big a deal but we travel all over the country and his phone being off made it hard to talk to his wife and four kids. he would always complain about there CS

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ive never had sprint but a buddy of mine did and he hated sprint his problem was that they would shut his phone off if he went over his min plan his bill was never late and he called the several times but they would still turn it off every time he went over. it prolly wouldnt have been to big a deal but we travel all over the country and his phone being off made it hard to talk to his wife and four kids. he would always complain about there CS

I haven't heard that one before, but I've had very little reason to research Sprint until now.

My parents had Sprint back when it was Sprint PCS in the late 90s and their coverage area sucked royally.

I have a NEXTEL phone back in 2007ish for work and had no issues with coverage, but I was working on base and living right across the street at the time and didn't carry it anywhere else.

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I left ATT for Tmobile about a year ago. I'm willing to give them a chance, but I have already done some shopping. My biggest problem is that the carriers that have decent rates, don't have Windows Phones, except for Tmobile. We'll see what happens.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Myself and several people I know are on ATT, only problem I have is my phone going to sleep once in a while, great nationwide coverage and the plan we have is affordable. There's still enough competition to keep the rates in check, should just make ATT a better provider with even better coverage..

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really hate how ATT always manages to buy out anyone they want like they did with Cingular.

You do realize that Cingular (who was essentially Bell South, and Southwestern Bell) acquired AT&T Wireless, right? You have it backwards. And Verizon is Bell Atlantic, another of the Baby Bells.

It's not like anyone is innocent in this re-merging of broken up monopolies. We are back to the Bells owning more than 3 out of every 4 mobile lines.

That said, I say jump ship to Verizon if you are unhappy with T-Mobile being acquired. They have been far superior to AT&T and Sprint, IMHO - in coverage and customer service. Or US Cellular. The wireless coverage was not as good when I had them but customer service was great. Or be a guinea pig and try Cox's new coverage :)

We still have some options.

jbrentn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i currently have sprint and have had no issues with it. i'm in western oklahoma a lot of the time, and have had service where ever i go. i've had maybe 2 dropped calls in the 2.5 years i've had their service. no issues with customer service either. i like their plans as well.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You do realize that Cingular (who was essentially Bell South, and Southwestern Bell) acquired AT&T Wireless, right? You have it backwards. And Verizon is Bell Atlantic, another of the Baby Bells.

It's not like anyone is innocent in this re-merging of broken up monopolies. We are back to the Bells owning more than 3 out of every 4 mobile lines.

That said, I say jump ship to Verizon if you are unhappy with T-Mobile being acquired. They have been far superior to AT&T and Sprint, IMHO - in coverage and customer service. Or US Cellular. The wireless coverage was not as good when I had them but customer service was great. Or be a guinea pig and try Cox's new coverage :)

We still have some options.

I've seen the commercials for Cox wireless for the last month. I know it'll be offered through Sprint, so coverage should be no different, it's just a matter of devices, plans, and rates. Any idea when it's supposed to roll out?

Right now, for what we're getting with T-Mobile, we pay a little over $140 + tax and fees, so $157ish I believe total. The equivalent package through Verizon, which isn't that equivalent (restricted number of texts versus our unlimited, for example) is $163, the same goes for Sprint. But, with Sprint, we get almost twice as many minutes as Verizon, unlimited texts, and our nights and weekends start at 7 versus 9. Since we have phone, internet, and cable through Cox, I'm sure they'll offer a bundle discount.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been with T mobile for a few years. I was with Houston Cellular(when I lived in Galveston) and they were bought out by T mobile. I'll stay with them if they don't jack around with our(wife/mine) service plan. I'm getting use to my new phone..MyTouch 4G and love the unlimited internet usage!! ATT-don't screw me over!!!

Cohiba

Latest posts

Top Bottom