Why do you carry a revolver?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwheatley

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I must honestly say I’m surprised how many people say they’re more accurate with a revolver. I enjoy revolvers but I find I’m more accurate and much quicker shooting with my semiautomatics.
For me, most of my revolvers just have better triggers overall vs. my semiautos and I'm therefore less likely to move off target while pulling the trigger.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think most folks are talking about a cocked revolver, not shooting them double action.
Right??? I mean yeah if I shoot my gp100 in single action I’m very accurate. But when it comes to defensive style drawing and putting several shots on target quickly I’ll take an auto loader every time.. personally

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry one because it is a more comfortable carry most days. But that probably has more to do with holster choice than the gun. If I would go buy a nice leather belt holster for an auto it would probably carry just as well.

But I can put a 3” SP101 on my belt and forget it is there.

Where any of my Kydex inside the waist band stuff. I am always pulling off when I get back in the vehicle.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was at a funeral this morning for an ex-cop and noticed that several officers there were carrying revolvers. I was puzzled as to why, I didn't think anyone carried revolvers anymore. I figured it out when they did the 21 gun salute.
Last time I saw some noble county deputies the older ones anyway. Several had stainless smith revos.

Latest posts

Top Bottom