"Why do you need 30 round magazines?" My non-PC Answer...Somewhat NSFW

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrandonMF

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Talking with a navy vet friend of mine from school when a few other guys from his Class pop in the convo on FB to "share" their opinions that you don't need more than six rounds to defend your home. The guy just got into guns and hasn't really given it much thought, he was just voicing concern and they started insulting him once they figured out A) He didn't share their opinion and B) They knew more than him on the subject. Another buddy of mine comes in to lend him some support and they start on him. So I see this conversation going on this morning when I wake up and I just lost it. Here's my reply to some douche asking why we "need" 30 round mags.

"Who gives a $&*! what we NEED? Need, need, need I see that bandied about everywhere leftist <redacted> come to talk about stupid BS they don't think others have a right to. You don't need to be a millionaire, you don't need tax breaks for creating jobs. Fine, that's your opinion. But when it comes to our RIGHTS, the rights of me and my sons and your sons and every individual American's RIGHTS that exist solely to make us a free nation? Lets not get in the culture of NEED here folks because that little bit of "enlightened left" double speak is a downward evolution into Feudalism, a backwards ass way of thinking. It starts off you don't NEED 30 rounds or 15 rounds and then it's you don't NEED guns at all and then you don't NEED to go to Church and worship how you feel and then it's you don't NEED to criticize the Government and then it's you don't NEED Freedom of Assembly, you don't NEED to vote. Man NEEDS very little, basic food and water. A Man can live as a slave, he does not NEED Freedoms or LIberties, but I'm a Citizen, and it's my Goddamned RIGHT to it so kindly shove that need BS into the farthest recesses of your bowels. We NEED 30 round magazines for the day that it comes when they, not us, decide they know better what we need."

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You've got extra space in your house or apartment where someone could live and extra food in your kitchen. Your don't need it so we are putting someone there to live with you.

You've got extra time to post your opinion on the internet. You don't need it so we are putting you to work on the farm after your get off work at your regular job.

Your car or truck is too large or too nice. You don't need that kind of vehicle so we are giving you a smaller one.

You think we don't need standard capacity magazines? Move to New York.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
People don't "need" 95 percent of what they have.
Being able to have more than we need is part of the pursuit of happiness.

But..........I DO need 30 round magazines in case I have to fend off multiple attackers.
Ask them if they think the police need 30 rounds.........if they say yes.........tell them you need to fight off the same bad guys the police are fighting. Hell, the police may even be on their way to my house with their 30 rounds to fight multiple bad guys in MY house.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't NEED my vehicle insurance this morning when I drove to work. I hope I never NEED it. My truck doesn't NEED a heater to get me to work, but I'm glad I had it this morning. Doesn't NEED an A/C either. Funny how nobody argues about us having things we don't need that are not guaranteed by the Bill of Rights, but we dont NEED stuff that is guaranteed by the Bill of Rights. Kinda the same way with large magazine capacity. I hope I never NEED 30 rounds. But, if a threat presents itself, I hope I still have rounds left in the magazine when the threat is eliminated. Of course that's assumming I do eliminate the threat. Nothing is guaranteed in that kind of situation. I do not want to worry about reloading in the middle of a threat situation.

Plus, it's kinda fun to rip off 30 rounds real quick at the range.

cscokd

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -Thomas Jefferson

I threw this quote out during a debate about the 'need' for more than 7 rounds, and that the 2A wasn't about the right to hunt. They were so brainwashed they could not reconcile how someone could consider themselves patriotic yet untrusting of the government.

flybeech

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Do I 'need" 30-round magazines? Not now, but I might later. Just like food, water and shelter, what is wrong with owning items that you don't need at the moment, but want for a possible need in the future.

Last edited:

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do I 'need" 3-round magazines? Not now, but I might later. Just like food, water and shelter, what is wrong with owning items that you don't need at the moment, but want for a possible need in the future.

A 3 round mag sounds horrible. Kinda makes me sad just thinking about it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom