Why has the cook been taken off Cream of Wheat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gone are Uncle Ben, Aunt Jemima and the Cream of Wheat dude ... who was from 1893 – 1920 a character named “Rastus” and then was replaced by a Chicago chef named Frank L. White.

Old ad I found online ...

Attachments

• Cream-of-Wheat.jpg
    Cream-of-Wheat.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 63

AlongCameJones

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Then there is this ... possible new branding? LOL.
The hand holding the bowl looks rather tan like the original cook's hand.

I just discovered this listing at eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2744089933...1291&msclkid=6f7b5e8516bf1f1de6c23e5925bffb6e
I even sent the seller this following message:

"What are you smoking, dude! I can get this product at my local Walmart in Oklahoma for $3.70 + sales tax. I think this cereal is rather expensive even at that price but it's only an occasional treat for me and not an everyday cereal."

The seller is maybe thinking the "tan" cook on the box is a high-value collector's item already?

Last edited:

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The hand holding the bowl looks rather tan like the original cook's hand.

I just discovered this listing at eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2744089933...1291&msclkid=6f7b5e8516bf1f1de6c23e5925bffb6e
I even sent the seller this following message:

"What are you smoking, dude! I can get this product at my local Walmart in Oklahoma for $3.70 + sales tax. I think this cereal is rather expensive even at that price but it's only an occasional treat for me and not an everyday cereal."

The seller is maybe thinking the "tan" cook on the box is a high-value collector's item already?

People think that such a package with the old logo will at some point have value. Not very likely.

BUT ... speaking of old packaging ... I do have a "tin" that was used for "Grape Nuts". Possibly from the late 1800's.

Attachments

• Stuff.JPG
    Stuff.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 45

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I find this to be disappointing. I see a black guy on a BBQ sign, I wanna eat there. White people can BBQ, but personally, I found that in restaurant settings they can't make sides worth a crap. I don't want green beans with my BBQ anyways, I want black eyed peas, greens with actual pork in them, and okra. I enjoy walking through the grocery store and seeing the variety of random fictional and nonfictional characters on boxes of food, sometimes its enough to get me to try a new brand just looking at the box. In the same vein all my life I have aimed to eat mexican food made by mexicans. Its just how it is. Homogenizing branding for the sake of feelings honestly sounds like a pretty drab world. Yeah, call me stereotypical or racist, but thats just how it works in my head.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Recently, some liberal decided picnic is racist and then some kook comes up and says the Wheel Of Fortune show is racist. Nothing is sacred, nothing!

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score

Why has the cook been taken off Cream of Wheat?​

Ask my neighbor

bad neighbor 2.jpg
bad neighbor 6.JPG

If you can't read the sign above it says, " REPUBLICANS CHOOSE GUNS OVER LIVES"

bad neighbor 7.JPG
bad neighbor 8.JPG
bad neighbor 9.JPG

They aren't even good neighbors, they let their kids and dogs run the streets.

Hell, these freaks have flags and colors and symbols for crap causes I don't even know about. There's even a Swedish flag in their back yard and flags all over their newly painted titty pink house.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom