Why so long!!!! grrrrr

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bernardderek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I finally got around to taking my CCW course. Me and another buddy organized the guys for carrylegal dot com to come out and teach the course here on the base. It was a great class and I really learned alot. I would highly recommend them. So I wanted to take care of the rest of the requirements today so I called the sheriffs office to I could see if it would be okay if I stopped by to get fingerprinted. They told me that it was by appt. only and I said ok...that sounds reasonable enough. When is the soonest that I can come in? She stated the earliest was the 24th of Jan.!!!! I understand that people are busy, but really 12 days before you all can fingerprint me. As if it isn't hard enough already waiting the 90 days to get your license I have to add another 2 weeks to that. grrrrrrrrr sorry everyone just wanted to vent a little. Again thank you guys from carry legal it was a pleasure.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's one of the problems you run into when you have to get some official's permission to exercise a supposedly natural, inalienable right.

You could always get a Maine non-resident permit... it's only $60 and they don't even require fingerprints. You can download the packet and mail it in, and the state of Maryland has an online gun course you can take that satisfies Maine's training requirement. It isn't good in as many other states as an Oklahoma CCL, but it is good here, since we have full reciprocity.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You are at the mercy of bureaucracy. We adjust to their needs. :nono2: Take a number and cool your heels, we are busy and won't be rushed.

I'd be taking a closer look at my Sherriff's other policies to find out if he really deserves my vote. Talk it up and if you can't get large enough group together to make your complaint count. Maybe draft a petition and get a few hundred signatures.

And I have to add another question: "Why does it cost so much?"

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You might also try to find out if they still do the ink & card routine or if they use AFIS technology. When I first got mine back in the 90s in Canadian County, they did my prints with ink twice but they were rejected by the OSBI. The OSBI had me come to their place in OKC for a third try and that worked, still w/ink & card. AFIS takes away the guesswork and the additional consumption of time before they actually start working on your application.

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't want to add to your waiting period. When your CCL comes back, it comes back to the Sheriff's office. It can take a couple of weeks before they get around to calling you to come pick it up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom