Will new laws keep you from going to Colorado?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not stopping me. Ive been there twice in the last month and have many more visits ahead to complete a record Ive been working on with a band based in Denver plus I bought into a business in Denver run by some other friends who are former Tulsans moved to Boulder last year. Theyre native Oklahomans and have always been firearm enthusiasts as well as 2nd Amendment crusaders but they have invested alot of money in their business so they are just dealing with things as best as they can. I have a place to stay at my band buddies home in Aurora or with my friends in Boulder but I still may end up renting a place there for when Im there. Im from California so I guess Im just more used to ignert nonsense gun laws than other people are.

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some of us aren't closed minded to states rights, and those who make an active choice to live under such conditions.

This is so true, the politicians that rammed these laws through in Colorado have to live there. The citizenry will reject them or not....no fleeing to DC for them.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some of us aren't closed minded to states rights, and those who make an active choice to live under such conditions.

Umm... isn't that exactly the point? That we should support states that believe in the same things we do?

I know I won't be going, not because I can't carry my high-cap magazines there, but because I do not want ANY of my tax dollars going there if I can help it. It is a choice to support those who support our rights, or to let them thumb their noses at our rights and collect our money in the process. I'll choose the former and write off the latter. If you think making a choice to support or not support businesses (and states) in at least some part based on their support of our non-negotiable rights is closed-minded, then I'll gladly accept your "label."

I ain't plannin' on takin' none of my business to Kommie-fornia, either. Ditto for Illinois, especially the Chicago area. New York I have visited, but I'm seriously thinking about crossing them off the list, as well.

I don't see that as closed-minded... I see it the same as refusing to eat at a restaurant where they don't allow me to CC, or shop at a Quickie-Rob where they do the same. My money, my rights, my choice whom to support - those who also support me. :D

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Umm... isn't that exactly the point? That we should support states that believe in the same things we do?

I know I won't be going, not because I can't carry my high-cap magazines there, but because I do not want ANY of my tax dollars going there if I can help it. It is a choice to support those who support our rights, or to let them thumb their noses at our rights and collect our money in the process. I'll choose the former and write off the latter. If you think making a choice to support or not support businesses (and states) in at least some part based on their support of our non-negotiable rights is closed-minded, then I'll gladly accept your "label."

I ain't plannin' on takin' none of my business to Kommie-fornia, either. Ditto for Illinois, especially the Chicago area. New York I have visited, but I'm seriously thinking about crossing them off the list, as well.

I don't see that as closed-minded... I see it the same as refusing to eat at a restaurant where they don't allow me to CC, or shop at a Quickie-Rob where they do the same. My money, my rights, my choice whom to support - those who also support me. :D

I didn't mean it as a generalization... I meant it as a staunch reply to a different label put forth first.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are new laws that will push me into going to Colorado, but they have nothing to do with guns.

Seriously, though, no they won't, but I won't rip on a guy who refuses to visit because of these laws. The states should be allowed to enact certain laws and citizens should be allowed to show their support or resistance, no matter if they're residents or visitors.

ZombieHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Come hell or high water I will be there from 2016 on, The oppressive laws against something I am passionate about here did not sway me from residing in Oklahoma, neither will having to re-do paperwork to get my CCL, heck I just spent the last week finalizing my resident status there so I am actually a "resident" of Colorado for when I go, so the answer is no.

EDIT: From what I understand RECIPROCITY is dead, you must be a resident of Colorado to partake in it's splendor whilst armed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom