Would you change the looks of this AR?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
That's exactly what I was coming to say. Black stock, buffer, and maybe a few accessories and call it good. Two (three?) tone is popular now. But hard to google. Yanked the first pic I found.
View attachment 329996
Black & Tan = 😎

Black & Punkin Pie = not so much

I still think he should tear it down and repaint with Duracoat (they have rattle can kits) or take it to someone who can square it away.

I'll add that a nice FDE, Tan499, or Coyote 498 would look good as would black or gray black (like the old M16 anodize). Any other color always looks ghetto-ey and unfinished (excepting rattlecan camo jobs that I do) lol.

Last edited:

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Krylon it! Easy peasey! Here is a factory FDE for reference.

43326CBE-BE1B-48AF-A978-9211D80D27D7.jpeg

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
That's exactly what I was coming to say. Black stock, buffer, and maybe a few accessories and call it good. Two (three?) tone is popular now. But hard to google. Yanked the first pic I found.
View attachment 329996
I've got a black grip I'm going to add to it. I'm liking better the more funky camo I remove.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wouldn’t keep it, I don’t see the need for a white “camo” rifle. Not in Oklahoma at least. So you’ll just end up looking like a Star Wars cosplayer if you keep it.

I say rattlecan it. Turn it into a test bed for different painting styles or something, try out what you like. When you’re done, soak in aircraft remover or citrustrip and use a power washer to remove everything. With a little luck (maybe a repeated application or two) you’ll likely get the cerekote off too. Then just hit it with whatever spray pattern you decided you liked. Or take it in to get recerakoted to your taste.

I also have a buddy that does mobile blasting, or can do it in his shop. I think. I can give you his information and you can hit him up and see.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got a problem with Star Wars, bud?
Hahaha not a problem with Star Wars, just a problem with silly people that are obsessed with playing dress up. I was a huge Star Wars nerd as a kid, I still enjoy the original movies, I need to find time to sit down and watch everything in sequence honestly, I think I haven’t seen one or two of them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom